PDA

View Full Version : Cant read dvdrw disc

Gooseh
02-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Can someone please help

I formated my DVDRW Disc using Nero incd so I could drag and drop which worked great so I copied all my backup files across to the disc and all was fine.

Now here is the problem I had to format my pc and reload windows XP Home back on, I have also reinstalled Nero and incd back onto the hard drive everything worked great I could put a DVD into the drive and the pc played it ok even put CDRW and they were ok.

Now when I put the DVDRW the one with the backup files on the drive opens windows explorer ok but no files are showing on the disc??? does anyone out there know why? I have even taken the disc to other Pc's and the same problem happens. Help I need that info:horrified :horrified

Gooseh
02-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Can someone please help

I formatted my DVDRW Disc using Nero incd so I could drag and drop which worked great so I copied all my backup files across to the disc and all was fine.

Now here is the problem I had to format my pc and reload windows XP Home back on, I have also reinstalled Nero and incd back onto the hard drive everything worked great I could put a DVD into the drive and the pc played it ok even put CDRW and they were ok.

Now when I put the DVDRW the one with the backup files on the drive opens windows explorer ok but no files are showing on the disc??? does anyone out there know why? I have even taken the disc to other Pc's and the same problem happens. Help I need that info

drcspy
02-04-2007, 10:18 AM
sounds very much like nothing got written to the disk.....did you check ti after you wrote the data on it ?

SolMiester
02-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Do not use incd, check the web-site, it is no longer supported!

bk T
02-04-2007, 11:26 AM
If it shows nothing even in another computer, then probably you've deleted all the data you saved, maybe by accident.

CYaBro
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Do not use incd, check the web-site, it is no longer supported!

What makes you say that? It is still listed as an Application in Nero 7
http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/InCD_5.html

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I dont think any other PC will be able to read it, if it isnt finalised.

Or if INCD isnt installed on the other PC.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 12:06 PM
You should have added to this post (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=78070)

Not created another post. It'll only confuse people.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Duplicate post here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=538691&posted=1#post538691)

SolMiester
02-04-2007, 01:23 PM
What makes you say that? It is still listed as an Application in Nero 7
http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/InCD_5.html

Just trying to find the advice now, was awhile ago. I have Nero Suite 6 OEM, and was looking for updates when I came across the info.

Will post when/if I find it. I certainly wouldn't use packet writing for my data.

SolMiester
02-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Hmmmm, interesting, looks like they have re-introduced inCD to there suite?!

http://www.nero.com/nero7/doc/Nero_Comparison_66to7UEE.pdf

Must have been for version 4

bk T
02-04-2007, 01:31 PM
I dont think any other PC will be able to read it, if it isnt finalised.

Or if INCD isnt installed on the other PC.

You don't need InCD to read the data on disc. InCD is used to format the DVDrw so that it can be used just like a HDD, floppy or flash drive.

Any other pc should be able to read it, of course, provided you have a DVD drive installed.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
You don't need InCD to read the data on disc. InCD is used to format the DVDrw so that it can be used just like a HDD, floppy or flash drive.

Any other pc should be able to read it, of course, provided you have a DVD drive installed.

I know its only for formatting, I used to use DirectCD, which was similar, but it stuffed up too many times, everytime I updated XP.

Only thing with DirectCD, was (I think, cant be sure I havent used it for yonks), if u formatted the CD with this, you wouldnt get far, if u tried to use it on another PC, without DirectCD, or a program that could read it.

So, now, I dont used Roxio or InCD (I've never used InCD tho).

I just use Nero if I need to burn data, or make DVD's/MP3's.

bk T
02-04-2007, 02:07 PM
But Nero cannot format the DVDrw for Windows to use it; and sadly, Win XP hasn't got such a function to format a DVDrw!

Maybe, there is another application utility which can format a DVDrw?

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
But Nero cannot format the DVDrw for Windows to use it; and sadly, Win XP hasn't got such a function to format a DVDrw!

Maybe, there is another application utility which can format a DVDrw?

Err yes it can. Either by using the erase disc option (In Nero Express)

Or if u use Nero Express (in Nero 7, and 6 I think, u can make a data cd or dvd).

I dont think it needs to be formatted. All u do is add files to a cd or dvd, and if u want to add to it later, make sure multisession is left open.

But, you'll have to use Nero again, if u want to add more files to the cd or dvd.

You dont need DirectCD or InCD to format.

And you're right, XP cant deal with DVD only CD.

bk T
02-04-2007, 04:02 PM
For Windows to be able to write to DVDrw, the disc has to be formatted first, otherwise, Nero probably is the choice.

Or, is there any updates for this function in XP?

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 04:06 PM
For Windows to be able to write to DVDrw, the disc has to be formatted first, otherwise, Nero probably is the choice.

Or, is there any updates for this function in XP?

I didnt say XP could deal with DVD's. Only CD's.

No there isnt an update for XP.

Thats why I said Nero can format and do multisession cds/dvd's.