PDA

View Full Version : Wii WIFI USB Help

callum_62
01-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi,

Just bouught the Wii WI-FI Usb connector to I can hook up my Nintendo wii to the internet.

I only have a dsl cable connection with modem here (8Mbps).

I have installed all the latest software and the WIFI USB seems to install fine.

I then set up the connection through the Wii, and I grant it the permissions on my desktop.

I then run the connection test on the WII, and if I look at my desktop as it runs, its says 1 user connected, and even has full signal strenghth.

However, the test runs for another 10 secs or so, and I get the error code 52040, with please check your manual.

The connection is lost, it does this every time I try to connect.

Anyone any ideas??

been on this for hours!!

beeswax34
02-04-2007, 12:31 AM
and have you actually checked your manual and seen what it says or googled that error number or gone onto one of the wii forums???

Error Codes 52040 - 52042

The Wii console is not able to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

1. Try uninstalling the Nintendo Wi-FI USB Connector software, and re-install. For step-by-step directions, including a link to the latest software, click here.

2. Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.

"Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:
o Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)
o Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
o SoftAPInstDrv.bin
o mdriver.exe

3. It is possible that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not compatible with the Wii console. For instance, if you need to login with a user name and password when you try to go online for the first time after restrarting your PC, your ISP is likely not compatible. Please contact your service provider for more information.

If you are still receiving this error code, it is likely that the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is not compatible with your current home network.

callum_62
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
yes ive tried all that. uninstall, reinstall etc etc.

however the weird thing is that it does connect for like 5-10 secs (i can see it on the desktop) with full signal and everything.

then it just d/c itself.

pc is quite close to wii, maybe 5 metres max with 1 wall inbetween.

i see a few people with similar probs with no real answers?