PDA

View Full Version : InCD

Tick1
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
What does InCD mean? I put a new CD/WR disk in drive to burn a tune from MusicMatch Juke Box and it named itself as InCD and asked to be formatted. I did this and it took a long time. Then it came up "non allocatable space. System file." Then "inserted disk is closed and can't be burnt again." Same result through Windows Media Player. How can I record a tune to disk from either player's library?

Speedy Gonzales
01-04-2007, 07:31 PM
INCD from Nero must be installed.

Its a program made by Nero (http://www.nero.com)

The cd shouldnt be formatted if you want to make an audio/MP3 cd.

If Nero is installed (look in the menu), use that.

There maybe an option in INCD somewhere to turn it off, so it doesnt format every blank cd you put in.

drcspy
01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
stop using cdrw's they're cranky anyway.........try a cdr it's MUCH simpler

Tony.br
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
INCD is a very unreliable format where they format the CD to emulate a hard drive. It sounds great, copy, delete, rename etc. Anything you can do on a Hard Drive can then be done on that CD but I found it to be very unreliable

To Turn off INCD

Click Start > Run > then enter MSCONFIG then OK

When it opens, click the startup tab

scroll through the list and when you see INCD, untick the checkbox

Click APPLY and OK then reboot

When you restart you will get a warning notice. Tick the checkbox or it will reappear on every boot

SolMiester
02-04-2007, 01:15 PM
INCD is a very unreliable format where they format the CD to emulate a hard drive. It sounds great, copy, delete, rename etc. Anything you can do on a Hard Drive can then be done on that CD but I found it to be very unreliable

To Turn off INCD

Click Start > Run > then enter MSCONFIG then OK

When it opens, click the startup tab

scroll through the list and when you see INCD, untick the checkbox

Click APPLY and OK then reboot

When you restart you will get a warning notice. Tick the checkbox or it will reappear on every boot

I concur!

Gordon62
02-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Are their any free CD burning utilities better than Nero or do you have to spend a bit of money to get the quality. I have Nero installed on my machine from new and have really had no problems with it-perhaps not the best reproduction but!. It was suggested that to get better quality reprduction (such as copying from record or tape or CD's) some upgrades would be required (new sound card I think-Codeine taking it's toll). The quote I was given for the sound card? was $180-does this sound right or is the Codeine just making me more stupid than normal?
Regards Gordon.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 05:29 PM
This (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)

Never tried it tho,but its free.

Nothing wrong with Nero, if u know how to use it.

Its the Codeine thats making u stupid

Better reproduction than what?? And of what? Sound? Video?

I dont think changing the soundcard would make any diff.

Use Audacity if u wanna record from record or Tape. Doesn't it do that?

Gordon62
02-04-2007, 06:06 PM
This (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)

Never tried it tho,but its free.

Nothing wrong with Nero, if u know how to use it.

Its the Codeine thats making u stupid

Better reproduction than what?? And of what? Sound? Video?

I dont think changing the soundcard would make any diff.

Use Audacity if u wanna record from record or Tape. Doesn't it do that?
Thanks Speedy- as you say there appears to be nothing wrong with Nero when you know how to use it and I have used it quite often mainly for copying CD's and backing up with W/R dicsc and the sound quality appears as near to the original as you can get-I might have cloth ears though! Yes I have Audacity installed but have not yet got round to buying the required cables for tape or record. My main problem with copying from record is that I have what used to be called the "brick"-that is a Thorens TD 160 Super from which most of my tapes are copied from. If you know anything about hi-fi you will appreciate why it was called the brick. Just lifting and moving this b****r is a chore in itself-not to mention resetting/balancing it once you have it where you need it. If it aint set up properly forget it. You need a bubble level to get this little beggar just right or you get too much left of right channel and the stereo image just goes out the door. Not really difficuilt but just a tedious chore particularly with a PC desk completely awash with bits and pieces. Codeine is just starting to wear off so it must be time for a Gin and a cold beer.
Regards Gordon.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 06:21 PM
The cables shouldnt be hard to find, depending on what the connection is (if the record player has one) that is.

Most probably a din plug - 3.5 mm or RCA to 3.5 mm.

Most probably cost less than 10 bucks.

Just plug it into the back of the record/tape, and the other end into line in. Make sure line in is ticked, or u wont hear a thing.

If u record it at the right level (not full ball), the sound will be reasonably good.

Some people when they record (even on a stereo) put the thing up full ball.

Not a good idea, it'll sound like crap.

SolMiester
02-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Gordon, I'm sure you are under the influence......Nero isnt used for the sound quality, only the reproduction of the recording to the CD.

drcspy
03-04-2007, 12:45 AM
nero is an excellent program but whatever you use stay away from cdrw disks they're unnecessarily expensive and unreliable......cdr work very well and are very cheap.....

as for sound quality.....well unless you are a pro recording engineer or EXTRordinarily fussy then your 'standard' sound card be it onboard or whatever should be perfectly fine for recording tapes and records......I wouldn't bother wasting money buying a $180 one for sure !

Gordon62
03-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Gordon, I'm sure you are under the influence......Nero isnt used for the sound quality, only the reproduction of the recording to the CD.
Hi SolMeister-you are dead right about under the influence. An hour after taking 120mg Codeine and my thought processes tend to get just a tad out of kilter. I have a bung left shoulder and need the Codeine just to get my arm up to the flaming keyboard. One handed typing just drives me to drink!!
Regards Gordon.