PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7

Bob56
30-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Since recently installing MS Internet Explorer 7 I have been experiencing several error messages I haven't come across before. I hope someone has a solution.

With seemingly increasing frequency, when I go to open a webpage I get one of three error messages as follows:-

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" or
"This program cannot display the webpage" or
"Navigation to this webpage was cancelled".

I have Maxthon ver.1.5.9. (build 80) Unicode set as my default browser but I also have installed MS Internet Explorer 7 & Mozilla Firefox ver.2. I understand Maxthon is something called a 'shell' program & that basically it is Internet Explorer underneath although I'm not altogether sure what that means. I generally get the first error message if using Int.Explorer 7 & the second when using Maxthon & the 3rd. error message can occur anytime.

Also, when I reboot my system & if Windows hasn't been shutdown properly I usually get my desktop icons on a white screen on which appears the "Restore Active Desktop" button. Since installing Int.Explorer 7 when I click on that button I get the follwoing error message:-
"A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug"
Line 64
Error: Object doesn't support this action."

I don't know what to do as regards 'debugging' so can someone explain how to fix this error too. :confused:

My O.S. is Windows XP Home SP2.

Bob56

jamesmcphersonvrx22rochel
30-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi there,

Try uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and see if that fixes the problem. IE7 has alot of new software security changes which has caused problems. One to make note of is the fact that Sonic Wall security devices do not work with IE7.

Speedy Gonzales
30-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Try the info here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929200)