PDA

View Full Version : Cable plugged in but no video signal?

kyokei
30-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I recently got a new computer & have a 7900GT installed. I plugged the dvi cable to my Sony 19' LCD which i have never used before.
When i boot up the pc, the monitor tells me that there is no video signal & to plug in the HD15 cable? (im assuming this is the older video plug which im more accustomed to seeing as i haven't upgraded for 5 years)

Anyone know why this is so?

Cheers
Alex

SolMiester
30-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Does the LCD have both video input plugs?, if so plug both in for now and there should be an input toggle button from which you can swap to test!

kyokei
30-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi, yes there are both video plugs but the MB doesn't have any video support so its only DVI on the video card. Should i plug in the other cable anyway?

Cheers
Alex

Neil McC
30-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I think you've got to make the dvi your primary monitor from memory.Had to do that myself when I connected my DVI cable and it wouldn't work.But I'm blowed if I can remember how. Been trying to find how I did it.

The_End_Of_Reality
30-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Try and get you hands on a known to be working screen and plug that in and see if that goes.

There is no need to plug in the other cable at the screen unless there is an output for the cable to plug into eg GFX Card

SolMiester
30-03-2007, 03:21 PM
OP, are you saying you have onboard video and a video card as well?. Some boards wont disable the on-board so you have to select the other card as primary from within the BIOS.