PDA

View Full Version : Recovery disks for Compaq Presario SR1600AN Desktop PC

chiefnz
30-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi guys as the title says I need a set of recovery disks for this PC. I can't make a set as the original hard drive which holds the information has packed up and is inaccessible. I've tried a throng of disk tools to try and retrieve the information but I have had no luck. Unfortunately, the owner didn't know she could make recovery disks so didn't bother.

The computer is outside it's warranty period and before I ring HP/Compaq to buy a set of Recovery disks I was hoping one of you fine F1er's may be able to help me out. the specs of the machine are...

[b]
Product number
EG213AA

Hardware

Base processor
Sempron (P) 3200+ 1.8 GHz

1600 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
Socket 939

Chipset
ATI Radeon Xpress 200
Motherboard

Manufacturer: MSI
Motherboard Name: MS-7184
HP/Compaq motherboard name: AmethystM-GL6E

Memory
Component Attributes
Memory Installed 256 MB (1 x 256)
Maximum allowed 4 GB* (4 x 1 GB) requires the replacement of the installed 256 MB DIMM

*Actual available memory may be less
Speed supported PC2-3200 MB/sec
Type 184 pin, DDR SDRAM
DIMM slots Four
Open DIMM slots Three

Hard drive

80 GB SATA
7200 rpm

CD-RW 48x32x48 drive
CD write 48X
CD rewrite 32X
CD read 48X

Modem
PCI%

pctek
30-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Brilliant idea of Compaqs storing them on the HDD isn't it?
You'll have to ring them and order a set. They'll want the model number and serial number and from memory charge you about $97 for them.

chiefnz
30-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I did ring them and they wouldn't even tell me the price of the disks without giving them a serial number.

If anyone can provide me with the disks (I'm more than happy to reimburse the cost of the blanks) that would be awesome!!

cheers