PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege II Lockup

Joe_Davies
28-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi Folks,

Anyone know what's up with my son's Dungeon Siege II game?

When he starts it from the icon, it displays a black screen with some little white dots in the bottom left of the monitor screen.

It starts with one dot and displays more dots as the start-up process goes on. It gets to ten of these dots and then locks up.

We've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. It works for the first couple of times, then locks up again. We've also tried installing it on different logins - same thing. Works fine for the first couple of games, then locks up again at the same point.

We think the ten dots are when it tries to retrieve the first cinematic, but we're not sure.

We've cleared it through Zone Alarm (our firewall), but it makes no difference.

Can anyone shed some light?

We run a 1.4 Mhz Athlon with 256 Mb of Ram and a 128 Mb Radeon 9550 SE video card (PCI). RAM is minimum, but shouldn't be a problem ... should it?

Any help appreciated.

Joe Davies

Pete O'Neil
28-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Have you tried reinstalling video card drivers and DX9.0? If the dots are whats appearing instead of the cinematic then it sounds like some form of corruption.

If its a pre-rendered cinematic then chances are it could be a memory or hard drive error, with the cinematic being corrupted at some stage in loading the game.

mejobloggs
28-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Do as above, plus:

Patch to 2.2: http://www.gaspowered.com/ds2/patch.php?&skipLoad=1
Good mod (helps in a few areas such as some saved game incompatibility, and better camera angles)

And to turn intro's off at the start of the game, do this:

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\Main\My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2

Open the file 'DungeonSiege2.ini' in notepad

Set noloadintro = true

JedDavies
29-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi.

It's Joe's son here, the one with the game problem.

I've got 2.2 patch, and in C:\Documents and Settings\Main\My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 there is no file called DungeonSiege2.ini. There is one called DungeonSiege2 with no extension, and configuration settings written underneath, but it is empty in note pad. Could this be my problem?