PDA

View Full Version : laptop wont connectg

ivo10
26-03-2007, 08:35 AM
just fixed my computer using this forum. it workd using the trojan remover. im about to reply to the thread of the forum but when i clicked on a link, it gave me page cannot be displayed. now i cannot connet to the internet. i used ipconfig /renew but it didnt help. the information i got is in ipconfig is that i have all the information except connection-specif dns suffix both fro ethernet adapter and and ethernet adpater loal area connection. pls help.

w000t
26-03-2007, 08:45 AM
try bridging the connections by going..
Control Panel
Network Connections
and select all the connections and then right click and press bridge connections

ivo10
26-03-2007, 08:54 AM
hey what do you mean? my latop and pc are not conncted at all. right now in my network connetion i only have one lan. its lightning up but its not pinging any site

ivo10
26-03-2007, 09:21 AM
nevermind it got fixed now. thanks to you all!!!

ivo10
26-03-2007, 06:51 PM
oopps...its being on and off....i just dont know why....and i im getting an error in the startup...newdot.dll error...i saw one way to fix. i disabled it in the startup but not so sure if that will totally fix it. can you help me with that. sometimes when i open my laptop...it will connect...sometimes its not..but when i open my other pc it will connect. its weird.

Safari
26-03-2007, 07:15 PM
oopps...its being on and off....i just dont know why....and i im getting an error in the startup...newdot.dll error...i saw one way to fix. i disabled it in the startup but not so sure if that will totally fix it. can you help me with that. sometimes when i open my laptop...it will connect...sometimes its not..but when i open my other pc it will connect. its weird.

newdot or new.net is spyware and corrupts the winsock files and can cause loss of traffic.
Download and run this fix.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Speedy Gonzales
26-03-2007, 07:20 PM
That file belongs to malware.

Run Trojan remover again, do another scan then select the 3rd to 7th option in the utilities menu.

Or get this (http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm) if u cant get net access after and run it.

See if theres an entry in add/remove programs called newdotnet. If its there uninstall it.

drcspy
27-03-2007, 05:24 AM
get rid of any remnants of newdotnet and use the winsock fix tool