PDA

View Full Version : copying CD to DVD

JJJJJ
26-03-2007, 06:00 AM
I wish to copy files from CD' to a DVD.
How can I do it?

I do not have any program such as Nero installed.

"xcopy E: E:" Does not work in XP

Strommer
26-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Assuming that you do have a DVD burner, you will need software that will burn - some free ones are available and can be easily found via google or download.com

Strommer
26-03-2007, 07:58 AM
I do not have any program such as Nero installed.

Jack, your DVD burner should have come with burning software.

JJJJJ
26-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Jack, your DVD burner should have come with burning software.

NO.

Would you like to suggest a free , easy to use burner? Please don't mention Nero

CYaBro
26-03-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Trev
26-03-2007, 08:34 AM
NO.

Would you like to suggest a free , easy to use burner? Please don't mention Nero
Whats wrong with Nero Jack. I use it all the time with no problems. Perhaps you don't know how to use it.

Trevor :)

bob_doe_nz
26-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Whats wrong with Nero Jack. I use it all the time with no problems. Perhaps you don't know how to use it.

Dont think he has it... :xmouth:

Strommer
26-03-2007, 09:31 AM
NO.

"some free ones are available and can be easily found via google or download.com"

Speedy Gonzales
26-03-2007, 09:34 AM

I think most people are too lazy to read the manual/s for it. Actually I dont think most people read the help files for any program in here.

Instead they decide to go straight ahead (and they think they know what they're doing), but they dont.

And they wonder why its not working.

Or people ASSUME Nero will do EVERYTHING.

It doesn't. For some options, u need 3rd party programs. (especially if u use Nerovision). Or you have to buy / need a serial for some options for Nerovision, so it works.

Like u, I've never had a prob with Nero.

Pato
26-03-2007, 11:39 AM
NO.

Jack, I use Nero without any trouble and if I can use it anyone can LOL.
Pat.

Trev
26-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I think most people are too lazy to read the manual/s for it. Actually I dont think most people read the help files for any program in here.

Instead they decide to go straight ahead (and they think they know what they're doing), but they dont.

And they wonder why its not working.

Or people ASSUME Nero will do EVERYTHING.

It doesn't. For some options, u need 3rd party programs. (especially if u use Nerovision). Or you have to buy / need a serial for some options for Nerovision, so it works.

Like u, I've never had a prob with Nero.

I own the full version of Nero 6 so I could use all its features. Got sick of not having full functionality of freeware programs, so don't run any freeware programs. Own Zone Alarm Security Suite Pro, Getright 6 pro, and Notons AV 2005 which all work perfectly.

Speedy Gonzales
26-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Yup, I'm using the full version of Nero 7.

You still need have to buy addons for Nerovision tho.

I like the animated menus in Nerovision 4 (with the file u have to download and install). At least they make sound and move.

Ah freeware means just that. Theyre free, and dont have anything disabled.

You mean shareware, or trials, which isnt the same as freeware.

JJJJJ
26-03-2007, 01:35 PM

Perhaps you're right.:confused:

JJJJJ
26-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Speedy you're right too.
When all else fails then it's time to RTFM. But then I don't have a manual. I have twice downloaded Nero 7 and managed to stuff up both times.

One bright Idea I had was to upload the files to 4shared.com. and then download to DVD, but that doesn't work either.

Speedy Gonzales
26-03-2007, 02:03 PM
The help files for Nero 7 arent included in the install. As it says on the Nero site.

Its a separate install, which is here (http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-demo.php)

Alongside help files (ftp://ftp6.nero.com/user_guides/nero7/Nero7_chm_eng.exe)

Well yer as someone mentioned, its not a good idea downloading directly to cd or dvd straight from the net. As it can stuff the cd or dvd up. Thats not Nero's prob, (or any other program's fault), its common sense.

bevy121
26-03-2007, 10:29 PM
a bit of a shame really, but common sense isn't all that common at all anymore........ :)