PDA

View Full Version : Intel Proset

alcra
23-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I have purchased a new PC with an AMD64 Athlon x 2 processor - stored the files from my old Dell with Intel processor on external drive-- bought over the files I wanted to the new PC but it has bought over a piece of Intel with it-- during searching and opening Control Panel I get " Intel(R) PROset rescourses are not available"-- repeatedly --I have tried everything to get rid of it - nothing works -- I have deleted all files relating to Intel - but it just keeps going-- any ideas how to get rid of it???

SolMiester
23-03-2007, 03:27 PM
OMG, deleting files & you have no idea what they are!!!....bad bad boy!

Intel Pro set in the network interface card (NIC), specifically the 'wireless NIC'.

Use the device manager in control panel>system>device manager to disable the device if it is not used.

DO NOT go about deleting file willy nilly unless you wish to pay for a technician to come fix your pc!!

alcra
23-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks -will try --PC was made by techs at Tauranga Computers-- seeked advise from them before any deleting took place--

Graham L
23-03-2007, 05:27 PM
It looks as if you might need a bit of Intel software. Intel make many things apart from CPUs, including some good network chips. Perhaps you are missing the driver.

alcra
24-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Yes thanks Graham -- there was no indication of anything even similar to an Intel driver in "Device Manager"-- I have a friend who is a computer tech-- he has spent about two hours attempting to get rid of this window popping up all the time-- he thinks the same as you-- however when you go to download PROset, there are so many we decided it was a bit risky - think I'll learn to live with it-- Cheers