PDA

View Full Version : Buyign graphic card

lincolnsback
17-03-2007, 07:01 PM
hey mygraphic slot has agp graphic card slot so i bam looking for a good agp graphic card anyone reccomend one for amd sempron p.s any shop (not countign trademe) that sell second hand parts:)

The_End_Of_Reality
18-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Tell us what you will be using it for? Gaming, just general web surfing etc etc etc.

Tell us how much you would want to spend on the card...

Also the AGP cards are going out and are actually dearer than the PCI-E counterparts... so possibly if you use the PC a lot and it is for intensive stuff like gaming, you might want to upgrade the whole PC... :2cents:

Pete O'Neil
18-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Or he might want to learn how to speak English, always helps to learn the local language when asking for help ;)

lincolnsback
18-03-2007, 09:29 AM
i wanna use it for gmaing not hard core gaming jsut stuff like cs and kalonlnie and battlefield but want 128mb one

qazwsxokmijn
18-03-2007, 10:15 AM
There's a 9800XT going on trademe right now. It's 256MB, but it is pretty decent. Than there is the 7800GS and X1950 PRO, but they are pretty expensive.

Soon there will be the X1950XT AGP....

bk T
18-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Or he might want to learn how to speak English, always helps to learn the local language when asking for help ;)

His is not too bad, actually. There are quite a number of 'local Kiwis' who can't speak, especially write 'proper' English. :D

Sweep
18-03-2007, 03:19 PM
There's a 9800XT going on trademe right now. It's 256MB, but it is pretty decent. Than there is the 7800GS and X1950 PRO, but they are pretty expensive.

Soon there will be the X1950XT AGP....

Then possibly you may learn how to read posts.

The original was this:-

"hey mygraphic slot has agp graphic card slot so i bam looking for a good agp graphic card anyone reccomend one for amd sempron p.s any shop (not countign trademe) that sell second hand parts:)"

Now said was (not coutign tradme). Trying to understand a post even though "countign" may be a word I guessed that this should have been counting.

You then go on to recommend TradeMe.

Why?

Sweep
18-03-2007, 03:26 PM
i wanna use it for gmaing not hard core gaming jsut stuff like cs and kalonlnie and battlefield but want 128mb one

Thinking you just want a second hand shop where you can go it may help if we know in which part of the country are you. You do not need to be specific.

lincolnsback
18-03-2007, 04:08 PM
hey I live in Auckland MT Eden and i do not have bad English just type fast so make mistakes man so where si the nearest second hand computer part shop

Sweep
18-03-2007, 05:47 PM
hey I live in Auckland MT Eden and i do not have bad English just type fast so make mistakes man so where si the nearest second hand computer part shop

Have you looked up the Yellow pages?

I spent some time on the Internet using google to help you in Auckland.

Could not find one I could trust.

Bye.

the_bogan
18-03-2007, 05:55 PM
hey mygraphic slot has agp graphic card slot so i bam looking for a good agp graphic card anyone reccomend one for amd sempron p.s any shop (not countign trademe) that sell second hand parts:)

how much you wanting to spend?

The_End_Of_Reality
19-03-2007, 07:51 AM
You want a 128mb card? who in their right mind would want one of those these days??? :confused:

For the small amount of gaming you do, I would recommend this card: http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=348513 weather it is in you price range or not is up to you seeing as you have not answered my second question :rolleyes: