PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger - Help Req please...

John W
17-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi there

A friend of who was with Xtra, recently changed his ISP to Southnet.co.nz.

Prior to this his wife occasionally used MSN Messenger communicationg to friends etc.

After changing to Southnet, she was unable to use the PC, but now upon returning she finds she cannot connect to MSN Messenger, using her old username me@xtra.co.nz and requests for Password go nowhere. Her Xtra logon has well and truely disappeared.

So, I attempted to set up a New identity retaining her Southnet email address, but this has go mowhere either.

Is there an easy workaround, so she can get online using MSN Messenger, or is there a universal IM clienr that will span across MSN, Win Messenger, ICQ, AOL etc.

Finally, for myself, why is there a requirement to retain a user name containg your email Address when logging onto a Im program.

Thanks

John

Speedy Gonzales
17-03-2007, 04:26 PM
This (http://gaim.sourceforge.net/) connects to most IM programs.

jontee
17-03-2007, 08:13 PM
A HotMail addie will will fix it, just go get one.

Renmoo
18-03-2007, 11:32 AM
So, I attempted to set up a New identity retaining her Southnet email address, but this has go mowhere either.

Hi John. Have you checked the junk e-mail folder for .NET passport e-mail confirmation?

Cheers :)

lance4k
18-03-2007, 02:26 PM
john john john,tell ur friends wife NOT to use isp email addresses with msn cuz then when u chane isp's u'll loose ur email addy

she just has to go to www.hotmail.com and get a hotmail address.

also msn messenger has been renamed to "windows live messenger" and it has alot of bug fixes in it,so get her to go to google and type in this:

windows live messenger

and then uninstall msn messenger from her pc and install Windows live messenger

Hi there

A friend of who was with Xtra, recently changed his ISP to Southnet.co.nz.

Prior to this his wife occasionally used MSN Messenger communicationg to friends etc.

After changing to Southnet, she was unable to use the PC, but now upon returning she finds she cannot connect to MSN Messenger, using her old username me@xtra.co.nz and requests for Password go nowhere. Her Xtra logon has well and truely disappeared.

Is there an easy workaround, so she can get online using MSN Messenger, or is there a universal IM clienr that will span across MSN, Win Messenger, ICQ, AOL etc.

Finally, for myself, why is there a requirement to retain a user name containg your email Address when logging onto a Im program.

Thanks

John