PDA

View Full Version : Print To Email

Phil B
15-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone know of a freeware print to email from any application for windows xp?

Thanks

SolMiester
15-03-2007, 08:32 PM
What is print to e-mail?, do you mean print to create a PDF or image file that you can THEN send via e-mail as I think their is the former!

Phil B
15-03-2007, 08:47 PM
All I want to do is sometimes send an email directly from the application instead of printing, scanning & then emailing it. Preferably in a format that doesn't require another application to open it other than the email client

Speedy Gonzales
15-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Errr well there arent too many options to choose from.

If u don't want to use any other program besides an email client to open it.

Besides just doing a new email and sending it.

You either scan it (with something like omnipage pro, (if u want whoever to edit it) or some program, if u have something like a MFC printer (they usually come with some kind of scanning software), save it in word then email.

Or scan it in something like Irfanview, then email it.

But then why would you type it, if u had something like Word, then print it, then scan it anyway?? You could just type it save it then email it.

You might as well put whatever on a website and send whoever an email with a link to read it.

Or even easier, just type it and fax it.

Phil B
15-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Sometimes I want to send an invoice via email. I want to print the invoice to an email app add the address & send it. I have found programs that'll do it, but they're not free. Paying for software is a last resort & has been known to bring me out in hives. Sometimes it'd be handy to email directly from a word processer too

Speedy Gonzales
15-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Well AFAIK in Word u can email from within it.

Just type whatever.

Then select file / send to / mail recipient (as attachment). Put in the recipient's name / subject.

And email it.

Phil B
15-03-2007, 09:24 PM
The program is a work application that doesn't use any word processor. It prints reports & invoices etc. I might do a bit more digging.
I use OOO not ms

godfather
15-03-2007, 11:27 PM
If you install PrimoPDF (it's free) it installs as a "printer".

From any application that can use a Windows printer, just select File - Print - PrimoPDF and it will create the PDF, and open it in Adobe Reader which lets you directly email it.

Phil B
17-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks for that Godfather, It'll do the trick. Most people have Adober reader or Foxit and those that ain't will have to