PDA

View Full Version : Youtube No video - sound only - using firefox

echothreezero
14-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Have installed the flash player add-on from Adobe. The video loads and plays but the image is blank (white) I only hear the sound- any ideas?

Windos XP SP1, firefox 2.0.0.2

echothreezero
14-03-2007, 09:18 PM
OK so its not just youtube - all flash only plays sound, not video. just went to an old site i ued to visit that has plash viseos and I only got the sound.

zqwerty
14-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Type: about:plugins into your Firefox address bar and see if the Flash plugins are enabled.

Shockwave Flash

File name: NPSWF32.dll
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r28

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes

Hmmm the PressF1 smilies strike again

Type: about full colon plugins with no spaces and using the actual full colon on your keyboard.

Metla
14-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Update flashplayer.

echothreezero
14-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks both of you, but no cigar - firefox tells me the plugin is enabled and it is the latest version downloaded today.

Have tried disabling firewall and antivirus to no avail- driving me nuts.

echothreezero
14-03-2007, 09:45 PM
OK - its something to do with my adblock plugin for firefox. disabling it fixes the prob - any ideas how to make it work?

zqwerty
14-03-2007, 11:04 PM
AdblockPlus preferences filters look for something that relates to Flash or the sites you are looking at, if all else fails delete them all and restart building your Adblock filters again. Next time store your default AdblockPlus filters by exporting them then if they get corrupted or changed you can re-import the known good ones again.

If you are using Adblock get AdblockPlus instead.

By uninstalling Adblock and installing AdblockPlus you will solve the problem.

http://adblockplus.org/en/

zqwerty
14-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Add this to your filters in AdblockPlus for extra goodness:

/[./]([Aa][Dd]|[Bb][Aa][Nn][Nn][Ee][Rr])[Ss]?/
/adv(?!ice)/
/[Cc][Ll][Ii][Cc][Kk][Ss]?[./]/
*adserv*
*.ihost.*
*.zedo.*
*.advertising.*
*.onestat.*
*.ugo.*

Each one on a separate line.

zqwerty
14-03-2007, 11:18 PM
*.adserver.*
*.statcounter.*
*.tribalfusion*

and a few more, for those close encounters to be dealt with, with extreme prejudice, do you hear me?

If you use NoScript and FlashBlock as well you can browse like the web used to be before the capitalists got involved in it.