PDA

View Full Version : Media Player 11 - Video Size

bunny
12-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Whenever I play a DVD in the new media player 11 with my widescreen laptop, the video size is reduced to only about 70% of the screen. No matter whether the DVD is widescreen or not. I have tried a number of different DVDs and the same thing happens.
Furthermore, I have tried using my HP Quickplay software and that plays it fullscreen fine (about from skipping now and then).

SurferJoe46
12-03-2007, 05:59 PM
With all my heart and soul I have said that WMP11 is poorly built and a bad idea to install. There are stability factors that pop up in some installations that make no sense at all. It might just be the color of your hair or the way you tap your keys...it's as vague as that sometimes...I just have little or no use for anything newer than WMP10....

A friend or two had tried to get the new... updated ....(and therefor BETTER) WMP11...and I had to go over to their place and exorcise the demons from their system afterward.

They couldn't even play their own, self-generated and recorded videos as the license was somehow illegal to M$.

It's probably 'cause of my hate for DRMs and such that keeps me away from it...although most M$ "upgrades" are not to your benefit anyway..but Mr. Bill's.

I don't suggest that you have failed to somehow read those nags and whinges I make about it...you are, after all posting your first question by your count.

Oh, and welcome to F1...there are a lot of others here who will read your question and have answers that may/probably will help.

It occurs to me that you should be using your other player anyway if it works anywhere near well.

Try to use PowerDVD if you can get it...although I think it's a package with a Sony DVD burner.......That's how I got mine..but that again, is a long, long story too.

Cheers to ya...hope you get somebody who can actually help with WMP11....I wish I had the answer......as it is, I don't even want to experiment with it.

kenj
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I use Media Player Classic (search on Google) have been using it for a long time now.

If you get the K-Lite pack (Google again) with MPC as part of it you can use it for all media files. Works a dream, even plays Realplayer and Quicktime files. That alone makes it worth it.

Ken