PDA

View Full Version : Internet Crash followed by Restart

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok so I was playing a game called Tibia, its a MMORPG and in that game, when you die you lose experience every time. So Due to one death I usually lose 2 or 3 nights worth of playing time.

I was playing this game and all of a sudden my Internet stopped working and while I was trying to get it to work again (trying to hopefully not die) my computer just restarts on its own... when windows load back up again the net wont work for me and my computer restarts again after about half a minute. The next time it loads up the internet works and I try to access tibia.com and the computer freezes... then when it loads up again, it freezes again after about a minute of being loaded. I get angry and leave to go watch tv, since I know I have died in tibia anyway :(

~I later found out that all my mates who I was hunting with in tibia all got kicked off the net aswell and died.

So Im guessing its not so much a net problem on my end. But my question is this, why does my new router automatically restart my computer when the net is dropped and why did it freeze afterwards???

Please help I need to get my computer as stable as possible so I can play tibia without always dying and loosing days of work...

Feel free to add me to MSN X_Volt_X@hotmai.com

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Look in control panel / admin tools / event viewer. If u have XP.

Under application and system. Look for error, or X entries. Tell us what it says (highlight the entry and ctrl-c) and paste what it says in here.

I'll rather reply here than email.

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Heres on that was in System:
================================================== ========
The IP address lease 10.1.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 00016C2A53AA has been denied by the DHCP server 10.1.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
================================================== ========
Any help??? My computer is freezing quite often now :(

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Is this the only error that came up about the time the system crashed?

Go back to this entry.

Whats the event id, is it 1002? (Event ID appears on the top right of the window, when u double click on the error / whatever it is).

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Event ID is 1002

And time of crash was: 03:17:04pm

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2007, 05:05 PM
What version of Windows are u and your mates running?

I take it your mates are in the same house, why they get kicked off?

And how many computers are we talking about altogether?

The only error, close to the one u posted, I can find is

This (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830525)

I wouldnt have a clue what Live communicator server is, I've never heard of it.

Is this installed on your system somewhere?

Altho here (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286190&SiteID=17)

It says it maybe related to a firmware update for a router, if u use Vista.

Are any of your PC's running Vista?

Whats the brand/model of your router?

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 05:34 PM
What version of Windows are u and your mates running?

I take it your mates are in the same house, why they get kicked off?

And how many computers are we talking about altogether?

The only error, close to the one u posted, I can find is

This (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830525)

I wouldnt have a clue what Live communicator server is, I've never heard of it.

Is this installed on your system somewhere?

Altho here (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286190&SiteID=17)

It says it maybe related to a firmware update for a router, if u use Vista.

Are any of your PC's running Vista?

Whats the brand/model of your router?

-I am Running windows XP
-No, none of my friends were in the same house, one is on the outherside of Town...
-I am only talking about my computer, The reason we got kicked off the net, cant be at my end...

Last night I reformated my whole computer and plugged in the router, thats all I have done... I was told I wouldnt have to install anything for the router, so I havent... any chance you have msn, so I can talk with you live?

Graham L
10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
The router doesn't restart your computer. It doesn't know how to do that. ;)

The computer will be restarting because Windows has been set to do that whenever there is a major error in Windows. It would be a good idea to change that setting, so you will get the error messages from Windows.

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 05:45 PM
How do I change that setting?

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Ah no, I dont have MSN installed. I think my email for hotmail has died/expired.

I cant be stuffed re-registering it.

Graham L
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
This is how, according to Microsoft (www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx).

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Ok ive done that, but will that stop my computer from crashing and freezing???

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2007, 06:01 PM
No but if a blue screen comes up, it'll tell u or may tell u the name of a file or driver, thats causing the crashing.

If it shows the name of a driver or file, tell us what the name is.

Idiotica
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Will a Blue screen come up??? since my comp now shouldnt restart automatically?

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Well you'll soon find out next time it crashes.