PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screens

Idiotica
05-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Ok Guys heres the dig.

Almost daily I am getting blue screens on my computer 1, 2 or even 3 times a day. These Blue screens are really annoying, causing me to lose alot of work and many hours sitting here infront of my computer. The problem is I dont know what the actual problem is or what is causing it. All I know is it is driving me crazy!!!

I know I need to try and provide you with as much Information as I can so im going to try very hard.

The last time I had a blue screen (30 minutes ago) I send an error report to microsoft, which didint help me in any way but mabey you guys could provide some knowledge???

================================================== ======
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
---------------------------
Problem type

Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?: No

What does this problem mean? : Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause: Unknown

Computer symptoms: A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
================================================== =======

qazwsxokmijn
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
This happened to me with both my new and old computer. I used to conclude freezing temperature in winter (this happened only in winter for the old PC) in which the HDD will dip into 5 degrees. I don't even know if temperature affects the BSoD.

But as summer arrived with my new PC, I still got the blue screens. My brother's friend took a look at it and said it's the DVD-Writer at fault - the firmware or something. So he opened it up, and made sure the fat cable from the DVD-Writer to the motherboard is not bent - it was bent at a 45 angle when we looked at it. Never had the blue screens again.

Might want to check the cables there.

beeswax34
05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
If you are having so much trouble and it is causing you so much frustration and losing a lot of your work, wouldn't you be better off with a new computer??? If this had happened to me, the comp would be in about a million pieces:D

winmacguy
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
If you are having so much trouble and it is causing you so much frustration and losing a lot of your work, wouldn't you be better off with a new computer???

Agreed. Or at least get it looked at. If my car ran like that I'd shoot it.:p

godfather
05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Or at least post the full and exact error message text.

The error message (if it is consistent) will be telling you the cause, if we knew the full and exact error message then we could probably point you in the right direction as well.

At least you can have some certainty that a device driver may be the cause, the entire message may narrow that down a bit.

Have you updated all the drivers? I would have done that after the first BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).

pctek
06-03-2007, 07:44 AM
We need the exact STOP error.

Thats why it gives you one - to tell you what the problem is.

Idiotica
06-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Where Can I find the complete stop error message???

I cant afford a new computer :( That why I havent bought a new one yet, or taken it to the repair shop either, they charge a bomb and a half!

What Drivers should I be updating to try fix the problem???

Speedy Gonzales
06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Make sure automatically restart is unticked under my computer (on the desktop) / properties / advanced / settings first.

Then if the BSOD screen comes up again, read what it says, and see if it gives the name of a file or a driver.

If it gives the name of a file/driver, tell us what the name of the file is.