PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Resolution On Screen

SurferJoe46
05-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I have something going on I don't understand. :help:

Trying to figure out what happened with the wrong report on that new SCSI drive I installed...so I tried to run the Maxtor set-up disc again to repair the original format and set-up

All I can see in the set-up gui is this: http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Screenshot.jpg There are a lot more drives than that!!

It does report 127g in My Computer now..that 137g thing is gone..but I cannot get to run the Maxtor set-up if I cannot see the drive I want to. :lol:

I cannot "draw" it out to make it larger, nor is there any Max button to see all the drives on this system. It gets the double ended arrows ( <-> ) when I get on the edge of the card, but they aren't functioning.

Is this some sort of resolution problem? Currently at 1024 x 768..is that too much?

I imagine this set-up is designed to run with no opsys up and running yet..so maybe I need to try out in Safe Mode to make it look better and I can see the whole card?

Jen
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Isn't that supposed to be used from a bootable CD rather than running it under Windows??

Have you tried your monitor on a lower resolution?

SurferJoe46
05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I tried it both ways..but maybe it defaulted to the installed version and I thought it was running the live version...I'll try that...that's a great thought by you...

Thanks..let me get a shower and them I will give 'er a go.

SurferJoe46
06-03-2007, 05:11 AM
:mad: :confused: :angry

OK...a new day and I tried to use a live version...but the cd-rom that comes with the drive won't allow one to use it any other way butt needs to be installed first.

So, I removed the old and possibly corrupted application/tool and installed it again and this time I tried the Max 3 version, as the Max 4 didn't work so well.

Anyhow, I got it to work..but, now here's the stupid part again...it will only allow 127 gig as accessible again. Last time, I got 137 gig outta it.

Going in big loops here..as I just installed the very same drive a few days ago and everything went really really well and it reported back at just under 200 gig.

This reports as 127 gig. Do you think I did anything wrong (not likely) or is there a defect in this drive? :badpc:

Gonna try a scan and perhaps a defrag..but I don't suspect that'll do anything good either.

Jen
06-03-2007, 06:24 AM
127 gigs is the infamous Windows XP pre-SP1 limit. Install SP1 or SP2.

SurferJoe46
06-03-2007, 07:10 AM
127 gigs is the infamous Windows XP pre-SP1 limit. Install SP1 or SP2.

Got them all...and remember that this computer has other 200 gigs running correctly.....