PDA

View Full Version : UTUBE video

Thomas01
25-02-2007, 05:11 PM
As I am on dial-up I don't bother downloading videos regularly but have got a few over the last month or so.
But I only have a very small hard drive.
So I want to get rid of the videos or put them on a CD etc.
But where do I find them?
So far I have had no luck in finding the most recent one (this morning) even.
Tom

SurferJoe46
25-02-2007, 05:52 PM
As I am on dial-up I don't bother downloading videos regularly but have got a few over the last month or so.
But I only have a very small hard drive.
So I want to get rid of the videos or put them on a CD etc.
But where do I find them?
So far I have had no luck in finding the most recent one (this morning) even.
Tom

I do believe that UTube needs third-party software to save a file.....maybe it's a Flash or something like that...

But I know it can be done....

Pete O'Neil
25-02-2007, 06:21 PM
You Tube videos are merely streamed, thus once you've closed your browser window its no longer available. It is possible to download the videos but you need 3rd party software. I think metla may have posted a thread outlining the process a few months ago.

Strommer
25-02-2007, 09:22 PM
You need two things: an extension for Firefox and FLV Player.

For the Firefox extension go to the Mozilla site, do a search here on PF1, or google it. FLV Player is on download.com.

The extension inserts a small icon at the bottom right corner of Firefox and you simply click on it to save the .flv file to your hard drive. Then you view it on FLV Player.

radium
25-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Thomas if you have IE just go to: http://www.youtubex.com/
You can download the videos from You Tube there and it has a link to FLV Player

bob_doe_nz
25-02-2007, 10:31 PM
The one I use which Metla recommended a while back was Videodownloader (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/) It installs a little icon on the lower right of the FFox window.

When your in Youtube or GoogleVideo and a few other sites, when you have let the video finish downloading, click the icon and it should let you save the video file. If it is an FLV file, you will need a FLV player program.

Metla
25-02-2007, 10:47 PM
You can also add the Video downloader icon to your Navagation Taskbar alongside the standard icons back/foward/refresh/Video Downloader.

Works a treat, and much easier to hit when needed.

Thomas01
26-02-2007, 10:04 AM
You Tube videos are merely streamed, thus once you've closed your browser window its no longer available. It is possible to download the videos but you need 3rd party software. I think metla may have posted a thread outlining the process a few months ago.

You have got me puzzled Pete because I know little about videos from UTUBE but yesterday for instance I shut down my connection (via slingshot), and the video was available and we ran it for quite some time before I shut down the actual UTUBE window.
OK so it was streamed !!! But surely this means it was somewhere on my computer.
Tell me more please (words of 2 syllables), it sounds interesting.
Tom

lazydog
26-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Temp files:)

MekstA
26-02-2007, 12:46 PM
i use youtubespider works great for me you can view the video download it then it converts it to avi format:)

bevy121
26-02-2007, 12:46 PM
This is a good site to use to download from any of the sites like you tube etc

http://keepvid.com/

Trev
26-02-2007, 01:05 PM
PM me your email address and I well send you Youtube Grabber it is only 184k. You just copy and paste the URL into it and it downloads the video.

Trevor :)