I wonder if anyone knows what NTLDR is?
my comp starts and says:

NTLDR is missing
press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

=.=, i can't get into windows even if it's in drive C:

plz help

SurferJoe46
23-02-2007, 03:01 AM
OK...I just went thru this on one of my Dells...it's simple for me as I just burned the whole thing down and re-installed XP, but you may not want to do that much damage to your files (they will be gone) and all the other neat games/utilities and things you just gotta have.

Note: I also ONLY ALLOW my Windows installation to live on a small (40gig) harddrive that has nothing else on it that I might need and not want to destroy on a burndown....just my idea for security of any data files I have saved or generated. All my OTHER stuff lives on separate and much larger drives...I collect MP3's and videos on banks of 200 gig harddrives as a hobby.

So...that in mind, try to read this info (http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm), which is pretty simple and readable for most people...even me. It answers a lot of the niggling questions you'll get as you are doing the repair...so I think the built-in links are a great help.

As I said, I don't do it this way...but it's a good read and might be helpful for you.

Hopefully this helps some, if not a lot.

autechre
23-02-2007, 08:46 AM
First thing to check before trying to replace the NTLDR:

Is there a floppy disk in the drive? If so, remove it & reboot. The PC should start up ok.

SolMiester
23-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Take the floppy disk out of the A: