PDA

View Full Version : BROWSER DISPLAY FRAMES (help)

ZIGZAG
21-02-2007, 09:35 PM
i am geting a message when visiting some sites saying
(your user browser dose not support frames or is curently configered not to display frames upgrade.)
my os is xp media centre. ie 7 browser
how do i configer to show these sites?
mcfee security centre & norton protection is also installed
any sugestions PLEASE

Sweep
22-02-2007, 12:26 AM
i am geting a message when visiting some sites saying
(your user browser dose not support frames or is curently configered not to display frames upgrade.)
my os is xp media centre. ie 7 browser
how do i configer to show these sites?
mcfee security centre & norton protection is also installed
any sugestions PLEASE

I would think that you should not have Norton & McAfee installed together.

Could you give a link to a site that does not work for you?

I run WinXP2 and McAfee so I do not have the same O/S.

Greg
22-02-2007, 12:33 AM
It might possibly be a good idea to... GET RID OF IE7 AND TRY ANOTHER BROWSER. Verstaan?

stu161204
22-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Welcome to PressF1 ZIGZAG :D

Maybe try another browser like Firefox or opera

Also can you post the url with the website your having problems with?

Even maybe e-mail the site owner & tell them that they site does not work with IE 7 & to get ride of the frames (frames are evil anyway)

Sweep
22-02-2007, 03:03 AM
It might possibly be a good idea to... GET RID OF IE7 AND TRY ANOTHER BROWSER. Verstaan?

Well why not get of windows altogether? Why not buy a mac? Why not convince everyone to be exactly the same as you are? Then of course everyone would know everything and everyone would be a clone. Every person would think and behave as you do therefore everyone would own the exact same home as you do and live on the same section in the same city in New Zealand. Do not forget we all have to go to the SAME school you went to. We would have to have the same parents as you had as well.

Then all we have to do is move/copy ALL people to your place.
Expect some 3,999,999 visitors real soon now.

If we do all this then there will be no room for debate as everyone will agree with everyone.

I am convinced that what I do know (or believe) would fill a book or three.

What I do not know fills a whole library at least.

I am reminded of my Boss in some ways. He does NOT need exercise as he jumps to conclusions.

BTW IE7 works here.

Sorry if this post offends you but your post did not help IMHO. But what do I know?

autechre
22-02-2007, 08:23 AM
ZIGZAG, its obvious that the sites are fairly old - using frames - and they are using hopeless browser detection that doesn't recognise IE7.

Pretty much the only things you can do are either use an older browser - IE5 or 6, Netscape - or find some sort of plugin/extension for IE7 that allows you to change your user agent string. This will make IE7 look like an older browser to the site and let you in.

Would be a good idea to email the webmaster & let them know that IE7 doesn't work with their site too.

johcar
22-02-2007, 08:56 AM
:)
Well why not get of windows altogether? Why not buy a mac? Why not convince everyone to be exactly the same as you are? Then of course everyone would know everything and everyone would be a clone. Every person would think and behave as you do therefore everyone would own the exact same home as you do and live on the same section in the same city in New Zealand. Do not forget we all have to go to the SAME school you went to. We would have to have the same parents as you had as well.

Then all we have to do is move/copy ALL people to your place.
Expect some 3,999,999 visitors real soon now.

If we do all this then there will be no room for debate as everyone will agree with everyone.

I am convinced that what I do know (or believe) would fill a book or three.

What I do not know fills a whole library at least.

I am reminded of my Boss in some ways. He does NOT need exercise as he jumps to conclusions.

BTW IE7 works here.

Sorry if this post offends you but your post did not help IMHO. But what do I know?Sounds like someone's sick of all the fanboys' rants....:rolleyes: :lol:

Well said.:)

ZIGZAG
22-02-2007, 06:01 PM
thank you for the reply. this is one of the sites i have a problem with http://www.summit.co.nz/view_properties.html
i have also tried using ie6 without luck originaly then upgraded to ie7 with the same result, any more sugestions?

stu161204
22-02-2007, 06:04 PM
thank you for the reply. this is one of the sites i have a problem with http://www.summit.co.nz/view_properties.html
i have also tried using ie6 without luck originaly then upgraded to ie7 with the same result, any more sugestions?

I can access that site fine with IE 6 if you still canít access the site with IE 6 try using Firefox

Sweep
22-02-2007, 06:18 PM

You say, "A problem." What problem is this? Do you get an error message? I take it that the page does not display as you think it should.

The above site displays with frames in my IE7.

It appears to me that you have a problem which is possibly unrelated to your browser. Or maybe not.

ZIGZAG
22-02-2007, 06:49 PM
i have just uninstalled ie7 & installed firefox the problem still pursists
the problem being that when i click the search button i get the message saying (your user browser dose not support frames or is curently configered not to display frames upgrade.) and can get no further

Sweep
22-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Do you have java enabled? Not all operating systems came with Java.

ZIGZAG
22-02-2007, 07:22 PM
i believe java is enabled (how do i check?

Speedy Gonzales
22-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Look in add/remove programs for an entry called Java (TM) SE Runtime something. I dont think you'll have MS Java. Since it isnt around.

Or see if there's a Java icon in control panel, if its not there its not installed.

If its not there, the link is in my sig below.

ZIGZAG
22-02-2007, 07:49 PM
j2se is in add & remove & icon is in control panel

Speedy Gonzales
22-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Try uninstalling it (And all previous versions of Sun Java) and get the latest version in my sig below.

ZIGZAG
22-02-2007, 09:30 PM
HI speedy tried your sugestion with no luck thanks for your time anyway

mikebartnz
22-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Sorry if this post offends you but your post did not help IMHO. But what do I know?
And yours did?