PDA

View Full Version : youtube lost audio with vista

brandysson
20-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello There, I upgraded windows XP to Vista home basic and find I have lost the sound on the videos in youtube. I have upgraded their player to Adobe flash player as they sugessted but not a peep. The other webs pages eg windows Media and Sky news rottentomatoes all work just fine along with all the local stuff page, hearld etc are as per usual
What can I try next ?
I have sent an email to youtube and as yet have not had a reply.
It has got me baffled.
Best Regards,

Murray P
20-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't mean to be flippant, but unless you really want to be a beta tester, roll back to your XP installation.

Take the disc back from whence it came and demand a refund due to the product being not (yet) fit for purpose.

--Wolf--
20-02-2007, 02:57 PM
What is your problem Murray? Obviously he wants Vista so let him the **** have it. The more he "tests" (as you would say) Vista, the better it is for everyone else. If no one used Vista then it would never be ready.

As for helping with the question, if YouTube don't reply I would try to contact Microsoft.

Hitech
20-02-2007, 04:19 PM
You tube does work im using Vista home premium edition, it maybe your broadband connection is having a bad day. I used you tube for two hours last night and it worked fine. Maybe try rebooting your router and see how you go.

stu161204
20-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Do you know if your sound drives are working under vista??

Also have you tried removing flash & reinstalling it?

Murray P
20-02-2007, 09:46 PM
What is your problem Murray? Obviously he wants Vista so let him the **** have it. The more he "tests" (as you would say) Vista, the better it is for everyone else. If no one used Vista then it would never be ready.

As for helping with the question, if YouTube don't reply I would try to contact Microsoft.

I'm giving him advice, it's the best I know to give at this stage of Vista's lifespan, which I believe (along with many others) is not ready for public consumption. It is advice that is honestly given, if a little blunt.

If no one used Vista then it would never be ready.

Good grief! You have just supported what I said in my post, yet disagree. That comment right there is why it should not be used by anyone other than beta users.

If you cannot refute the advice I gave, hold your tongue.

Rob99
21-02-2007, 12:56 AM
have you adjusted the volume slider on the youtube video