PDA

View Full Version : Attachments OE & Thunderbird Problems

sarum
18-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi there, I send photos to my family via Thunderbird and OE. I send them as attachments but the photos are included in the body of the letter.
Two grandchildren do the same to me which makes downloading long; and warnings from ISP that I'm nearly full in the in box department. There must be a way around this; but where. I've googled Thunderbird Help and various OE places.
Can anyone help please...........Cheers Sarum.

Jen
18-02-2007, 08:20 PM
What are the file sizes of the images? If you keep them under 250 KB it will be easier to download. You can ask your family to resize the images first before sending them.

sarum
19-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Jen for your reply; not too sure about sizes, though certainly with OE I'm asked if I want to send the picture as small as poss:, which I always agree to. The problem is that the recipient is not given the option of not opening the attachment, because it's there, already opened, and makes checking e-mails time consuming.
Perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that attachments can be opened later on; though I'm sure that I have received such mail in the past.
Thankyou, again......Sarum

Rob99
19-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Get a Gmail account and install Picassa, you then can make a web album with the click of a few buttons, you would just send a link to the photos.

davehartley
19-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Send photos from Windows by selecting the photos first, then right-clicking and going to "Send to ... Mail Recipient" This will then give you the option of making your photos smaller for emailing -- no matter what the program is. Your email program then starts up, and you can edit your email as you like.

The original photos are left unchanged.

sarum
21-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Thankyou all for your replies. I shall try the g-mail and picassa.
Cheers .........sarum