PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing new keyboard Help

tone73
15-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Heya.. Here is my problem maybe you folks can help since microsoft is worthless. I had an Ideazon Zboard and started encountering problems ie.. when i would restart windows the, " Found New Hardware Wizard" would pop up. I tried updateing drivers yada yada.. so i said screw it i bought a Saitek Eclipse II USB keyboard (Plug and Play no cd required) but when i plugged it in the found new hardware wizard popped up but with the name of the "OLD" (Ideazon keyboards name). I tried uninstalling it from device manager, but upon restart it comes back up again. it does this with any keyboard i plug into my comp. Why does my windows keep displaying a keyboard thats not connected no less drivers installed ? plz help im sick and tired of this.

Thanks

tone73
15-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I have a razor mouse too and it shows up under human interface devices, along with another device which i think is my keyboard.... and under my keyboard drop it has two unknowns there, and like i said when i remove them they come back, and when i update them the find the stupid keyboard that windows says i have magically connected but i dont.

tone73
16-02-2007, 09:35 AM
anyone?

Jen
16-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Try going into Safe Mode and uninstalling the hardware via the hardware manager there. You sometimes get "ghost" multiple entries for the device that become visible under Safe Mode.

Failing that, it might be worth using a registry cleaner such as CCleaner to remove (after backing up) any old entries relating to the keyboard/mouse.

Let us know how you get on.

Welcome to PressF1 as well. :)