PDA

View Full Version : Evo N160 Processor upgrade

kanayo
06-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi. I have a 1.00GHZ, PIII Compaq Evo N160 Laptop which I want to upgrade to P4.
If this is possible, how do I go about it.
Thanks guys!

Speedy Gonzales
06-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't think so. Its most probably a different socket to P4 as well.

You'll have to buy a P4 Laptop.

Pete O'Neil
06-02-2007, 02:52 PM
It would be possible, but not easy. Sorta like trying to jam a V8 into a Morry Minor, not exactly easy but if you've got time its doable.

You would most likely need to replace everything inside the case, with the exception of the optical drive and hard drive. You'd need a new CPU, Mobo, RAM, PSU at the very least. It would be easier to build a whole new PC.

Speedy Gonzales
06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
It would be possible, but not easy. Sorta like trying to jam a V8 into a Morry Minor, not exactly easy but if you've got time its doable.

You would most likely need to replace everything inside the case, with the exception of the optical drive and hard drive. You'd need a new CPU, Mobo, RAM, PSU at the very least. It would be easier to build a whole new PC.

Its a laptop Pete.

tweak'e
06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
not possible.

p4 and p3 use completly different sockets and fsb's are totally different. besides a p3 with pc133 ram actually runs FASTER than the early p4's with pc133 ram ! ! ! so any upgrade would be a downgrade LOL

........and its a laptop as well.