PDA

View Full Version : Redirection Limit Exceeded?

andrew93
04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi

I'm using Firefox 1.07 and I'm trying to open a website (techpac.co.nz), and after I enter my ID and password I get this error message "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

I've looked up this error via Google and I can't find anything to help me. I have allowed cookies for this site, I have deleted all the cookies, I have set the max redirects to 50 and the page just won't open. I suspect there is a redirect loop at that site which is causing the problem but that's no good to me given I can't log on an tell them there is a problem.......

I haven't installed any new software or changed anything else and I was using this site last week. I have also tried opening this website using IE but it simply won't load (no error messages). My system is clean so now I'm stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew

andrew93
04-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Update : after I cleared my cache now I cannot even get to the login page. Same error message......and IE is not responding to the page either.....

CYaBro
04-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Problem here too accessing that page.
I'd say their site is down, most likely for maintenance.
It happens from time to time with Ingram Micro.

TGoddard
04-02-2007, 11:08 AM
A web page may, instead of providing a full page, redirect you to a different URL. Most browsers, Firefox included, limit the number of times this can happen to prevent you from being redirected in circles.

A quick search in about:config reveals the setting "network.http.redirection-limit", which for me is set to 20. No page should be redirecting you more than 20 times, which means this site is faulty. It is likely that it is redirecting you in a loop and as such burns up the redirect limit very quickly.

If you can, you could contact the maintainer of the site and inform them of the problem. Otherwise, this site is simply broken.

jermsie
04-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Just keep trying.
Ive had the same error.