PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong with my IE...

Mr Wetzyl
04-02-2007, 05:58 AM
My IE has refused to load...wonder what have been causing this. I havent used it for a very long time but just going back to it...I dont seem to load it...

Any suggestions??? Its not my default browser but just want to know what is causing it not to load....

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Could be anything, when u say its not loading, its not loading at all, or its bringing up a 404 error?

Could be a trojan or virus or spyware.

What version of IE is installed?

pcuser42
04-02-2007, 08:29 AM
My IE has refused to load...wonder what have been causing this. I havent used it for a very long time but just going back to it...I dont seem to load it...

Typical. :rolleyes:

Safari
04-02-2007, 08:31 AM
When you say it won't load do you mean it will not open or it will not load any web sites.

I am hearing from several people who have done a Windows update and have had IE7 installed whether they wanted it or not.
For some reason IE 7 will not load any web sites after the update and only
by removing IE7 and going back to IE6 will web sites load normally.
Anyone know what is going on here and what is causing the problem with IE7.

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
IE 7 works fine, haven't had a prob with it.

Altho, I don't really use that much either

Only prob I know that'll stop any browser from loading (bringing up a 404 error), is if u use NIS and ZA.

And their proxy service stops. When it does so do you, Until u restart the service.

Maybe its when they get it automatically??

Or they forgot to install the Add-ons (RMUSetup.exe) and

Windows Rights Management files first (WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP1-KB839178-Client-ENU), before IE installed.

Which according to the MS site, should be installed BEFORE IE 7. Because you can't install them AFTER IE 7 has been installed.

I just turned off auto updates and got the files manually and installed them.

Unless they changed the auto updates to notify me but don't install, I doubt they'll get it, whether they wanted it or not.

Mr Wetzyl
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
What I meant was it didnt load when clicked on it to load on the desktop...Im just curious as to what is causing this...All other browsers works well....