PDA

View Full Version : DVD OSBUC (Off Site Back Up Copys)

Brain_Cell_Anon
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Wathca all!
I am planing on sending a parcel of ALL the Babylon 5 'universe' DVDs to NZ from GB. All 5 series, all the movies and all the spin offs.
However, since watching the container ship run aground near Branscombe beach in Devon, oh, and all the scavengers and their 'booty' (did you see the guys get a free 15,000 BMW motorcycle?? :cool: ) I'm thinking I'd like to make some 'Off Site Back Up Copies' of them, just in case! I would also like to be able to watch them on my computer, so maybe converting them to a format that would work on a computer is the issue! (would that be 'ripping' a DVD??)

I've got a 600GB external HD (lucky old me!!) and would like to back them up to that until I know they are 'home'. Then I would delete them, of course!

I've seen a program called Easy DVD Clone ( www.homedvdcopy.com ) which is shareware, but not sure if it will back up to a HDD (still doing research). Ok, I will pay something for a program if it will do what I'm after, and that's all that is around and it's good, but freeware is better, a?

So, does any one know of a decent program that would do that? Back a DVD up to a HDD that is.
Or maybe convert them to something more computer orientated?

I will let you ponder, my learned colleagues.

Many regards,

The Cell :D

Speedy Gonzales
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
This (http://www.clonedvd.net/) would most probably do the same thing, but its not free either.

There will be a limitation somewhere most probably. What I don't know.

I think its only a 14 day trial

CYaBro
03-02-2007, 12:15 AM
With 600GB of storage I would just leave each DVD in its original format and not bother with compression or anything.
You would still be able to play them then just like the original DVDs, with menus, subtitles, extras etc.
DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html) with it set to DVD9 so it does no compression would work no worries.

Rob99
03-02-2007, 02:57 AM
ditto dvd shrink