PDA

View Full Version : Which of these psu's is your choice?

Mcpisik
31-01-2007, 10:33 AM
http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=347528
Cooler master

http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=345503
Enermax

I like the idea of the cable management on Enermax, but is it a plus really?
Any other pros or cons in your opinion? I know nothin about psus! :rolleyes:
Thx peeples!

chiefnz
31-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Definitely the Enermax, modular PSU's are great, they save space cos you only plug in the cables you need for your hardware.

Cheers

chiefnz

qazwsxokmijn
31-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Personally, Id buy the CoolerMaster one due to the price. I can live with a flutter of cables.

mejobloggs
31-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Enermax is really good quality I think. I don't know anything about CoolerMaster.

Mcpisik
31-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys,
Have gone with the enermax due to having my pcs guts showing, and liking to have it look good. Starting to get some ticking sounds coming from a lack of power me thinks, so hope it arrives quick! Appreciated your replies!...

The_End_Of_Reality
31-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Enermax hands down, it is bigger and better than the Coolermaster price included.

What do you mean by "Starting to get some ticking sounds coming from a lack of power me thinks"? where is it coming from? I don't see how it can... if it were a lack of power you would be getting shutdowns and crashes, not clicking, that sounds more like a HDD problem...

Mcpisik
31-01-2007, 01:42 PM
What do you mean by "Starting to get some ticking sounds coming from a lack of power me thinks"? where is it coming from? I don't see how it can... if it were a lack of power you would be getting shutdowns and crashes, not clicking, that sounds more like a HDD problem...
Yeah, it's coming from the hard drives. Was thinking it may be from a lack of power being supplied. What do you think? I only have a 430 watt standard psu running with all my junk off it. Either way I know I need the psu to be gruntier so am hoping it's a cure! gulp. Cheers

qazwsxokmijn
31-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Of course Enermax topples over CoolerMaster in terms of PSU. But if your spec doesn't require the extra $50, why go for it?

Still, if I had $50 to spare, I'll go for the Enermax one.

IRMoon
31-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Be interested to hear your (and anyones!) opinions on the "clicking" from the HDD. We got a PC here at work that does that when its under any sort of load. not 100% sure it's the HDD, but assumed it was.

Agent_24
31-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I have an enermax liberty myself (the 400watt version) and I must say it's the best PSU I have had so far.

The modular cable idea is great and the fan is very very quiet... ;)

Mcpisik
31-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Be interested to hear your (and anyones!) opinions on the "clicking" from the HDD. We got a PC here at work that does that when its under any sort of load. not 100% sure it's the HDD, but assumed it was.
Will let you know next week....:thumbs:

Mcpisik
31-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I have an enermax liberty myself (the 400watt version) and I must say it's the best PSU I have had so far.

The modular cable idea is great and the fan is very very quiet... ;)
It's usually one minute after youve clicked "go to checkout" that someone says..."stay the hell away from X product" Thanks for saying the opposite! Good to know

pctek
31-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Be interested to hear your (and anyones!) opinions on the "clicking" from the HDD.

Death rattle......Backup now.

The_End_Of_Reality
31-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Death rattle......Backup now. My thoughts exactly, Backup now, run the manufacturers diagnostic tool on it and see what it says if ANY problems RMA it if still in warrenty. I am willing to bet that the PSU has nothing to do with the HDD clicking... you could always take something out or replace something with something that uses less power, that will tell you if it is PSU troubles, but it is HIGHLY unlikely