PDA

View Full Version : IE problem

Thomas01
26-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I never normally use my laptop on the Internet. But I have to at the moment and so I downloaded the latest IE v7.0
But find that (unlike my old version) there appears to be no way I can access OUTLOOK EXPRESS directly and look at my mail.

Is this true or am I missing something?
Tom

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Well u don't have to go thru IE to get to OE.

Click on the OE icon. I don't think there was a link in IE 6 for OE before either.

Altho, I didn't really look or use IE to open OE.

Yup, you're missing something. Something that wasn't there in the first place.

PENTIUM
26-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Thomas is probably talking about webmail access. Very useful when you are overseas with the notebook P C. It ought to work in IE7; but as Speedy says, why bother when you can go direct to Outlook Express.

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2007, 04:37 PM
If u mean webmail u dont use OE.

You go to your ISP / homepage and log in there. And see what email you've got.

Trev
26-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Yes in IE6 you could access your email through it by clicking on the send/recieve button at middle top of screen, alas in IE7 that button is no longer there so you have to open OE by clicking on its icon. BTW I stand to be corrected on this.

Trevor :)

snoopy
26-01-2007, 07:06 PM
When in doubt look in the IE Help :) :nerd:

Customize the Internet Explorer toolbars
Internet Explorer has several toolbars, the menus bar, the links toolbar, and the Command bar. The Command bar is located at the top right side of the Internet Explorer window (it contains the Home icon, among others) and it offers easy access to almost any setting or feature in Internet Explorer. You can customize the Command bar buttons to suit your preferences and add website links to the Links bar.

To change buttons on the Command bar

In Internet Explorer, right-click the Command bar, point to Customize Command Bar, and then click Add or Remove Commands.
Make one or more of the following changes:
To add a button, click the button you want to add in the Available toolbar buttons list, and then click Add.
To remove a button, click the button you want to remove in the Current toolbar buttons list, then click Remove.
To change the order in which buttons are displayed, click a button in the Current toolbar buttons list, and then click either Move Up or Move Down.
To restore the Command bar buttons to their default settings, click Reset.
When you're done, click Close.
You should see your changes immediately. If you've added a lot of buttons, you might need to resize the Command bar to see them all.

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Ah ha you're right Snoopy.

Followed what u said, and now the read email envelope appears in IE 7.

Trev
26-01-2007, 10:07 PM
You learn something every day.
Thanks snoopy.
Trevor :)