PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot problems

Thomas01
24-01-2007, 01:54 PM
It's possible that Slingshot are responsible for some problems I am having with notifications of thread updates from PCWorld that are not getting through.
But I have found it impossible to get any answer from Slingshot. Using their 0800 number left me waiting for a decade or so until a friendly chappy answered, but seemed to be just as puzzled as I am and could offer no solutions apart from setting up a HOTMAIL account for emails! Trying to leave a message is impossible. The help file tells me to use the tab "ask a question" I searched the site for hours but can find no tab as such. The chappy on the 0800 number told me to access the on line help link which I did and there is a tab at the bottom which is labelled "CONTACT US"
But there isn't. Nothing at all. By asking numerous questions in the help file I eventually got a link saying "CONTACT US" and it took me back to square one:- the start of the HELP files.
OK I will use snail mail - but there is no address in the telephone directory.
So my question is "How do I contact Slingshot?"
or "How do I find the address of Slingshot so I can use snailmail?"
Tom

stu161204
24-01-2007, 02:00 PM

http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=6&tabid=9

;) :)

rogerp
24-01-2007, 02:45 PM
It's possible that Slingshot are responsible for some problems I am having with notifications of thread updates from PCWorld that are not getting through.
But I have found it impossible to get any answer from Slingshot. Using their 0800 number left me waiting for a decade or so until a friendly chappy answered, but seemed to be just as puzzled as I am and could offer no solutions apart from setting up a HOTMAIL account for emails! Trying to leave a message is impossible. The help file tells me to use the tab "ask a question" I searched the site for hours but can find no tab as such. The chappy on the 0800 number told me to access the on line help link which I did and there is a tab at the bottom which is labelled "CONTACT US"
But there isn't. Nothing at all. By asking numerous questions in the help file I eventually got a link saying "CONTACT US" and it took me back to square one:- the start of the HELP files.
OK I will use snail mail - but there is no address in the telephone directory.
or "How do I find the address of Slingshot so I can use snailmail?"
Tom

I agree, slingshots contact systems are very poor. There is a contact form in their help system on their website, but it is very difficult to find and the knowledgebase articles are out of date and have incorrect links. WHen you do eventually find the form and email them, you have to wait about 5-7 days for a reply, so I get the impression that they don't really want you to contact them. The only real way is to phone them, so use your mobile phone, as that way it cost them for keeping you on hold. I am surprised they don't have a decent email help system, as it would be far cheaper than phone support.

lightfoot
31-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I have similar problem in getting some answer from slingshot:

"I am on this plan and can't download from rapdishare or similar download sites. It says I have reached the limit for free downloader or your IP is downloading. Emailed to slingshot to ask about IP being static or dynamic but getting no reply and phoned but just getting answer service and put on waiting for ages. In the end I just get fed up.

I don't think their help is good, given this standard. Considering moving to other where I can download from similar sites like rapidshare.

Can someone recommend another service? Thank you in advance."

pctek
31-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Can someone recommend another service? Thank you in advance."

www.xnet.co.nz

Myth
31-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I will agree that Slingshots customer relations does leave a bit to be desired, however I will also give them credit in that when I had a problem (when Telestupid decided to open up broadband plans to unlimited I suffered a major slowdown) Slingshot came through and fixed the issue. It took a while and one chase-up email, but they came through
The fact I can't download from rapidshare is a minor for me. Maybe I should stop being a cheap bas***d and pay for that service :D

lightfoot
31-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I will agree that Slingshots customer relations does leave a bit to be desired, however I will also give them credit in that when I had a problem (when Telestupid decided to open up broadband plans to unlimited I suffered a major slowdown) Slingshot came through and fixed the issue. It took a while and one chase-up email, but they came through
The fact I can't download from rapidshare is a minor for me. Maybe I should stop being a cheap bas***d and pay for that service :D

Does it mean that most users of slingshot can't download from rapdishare or similar sites as well?

Myth
01-04-2007, 07:32 AM
On occassion I can download from rapidshare, until recently I could download whatever. It seems to occur spasmodically. For a few months I can d/l, then for a month or so I get all sorts of issues, then it comes right. This last week I haven't been able to d/l from them, but one d/l worked, so I dunno :dogeye:

lightfoot
01-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Ever try to ask the slingshot tech why it works "spasmodically"? This is why I'd like to ask them, but they don't seem to answer their emails. Perhaps, you will have a better luck. :)

Myth
01-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Email sent, will let you know the outcome :thumbs:

lightfoot
01-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Good stuff. Thanks. Will wait.

andy
01-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Well I hope their Helpdesk staff are better informed than their sales people. I had a call a couple of nights ago from an Indian chap trying to interest me in Slingshot as a tolls provider. He started offering deals but I told him that I didn't really want to change providers as my broadband cost would increase. he replied - "Oh I think we might be able to do broadband as well - I can find out for you" !!:confused:

mattv
01-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I would say it is definitely a slingshot problem.
See this thread as well http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=77833

I haven't been onto slingshot yet but after seeing these threads I might have to. (or stop being a cheap b#$%^@d and pay for it as well :) )