PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Driver

Dist
22-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I play a online game which has not been working...one of the ways that might fix it is to download the latest graphics driver. I bought my pc about 4 months ago, i have a XFX 7900GT (dont know if this has anything to do with it). Basically i just want someone to give me a EASY and BASIC walk-through on how to update my graphics driver because the last time i tryed to do it myself i ruined something and my pc could not work:xmouth:

:help: Please help:help:

Thanks

The_End_Of_Reality
23-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Welcome to PF1 :)

It is really quite simple.... REALLY :p

Go to www.nvidia.com, Select download drivers on the top drop down menu, Select graphics drivers, Select the type (in your case GeForce and TNT2), Select you OS and then it takes you to a page with the correct drivers... download them and install... see, simple :p

Speedy Gonzales
23-01-2007, 08:20 AM
And uninstall the previous version of the drivers, before u install the latest version.

Dist
23-01-2007, 11:27 AM
And uninstall the previous version of the drivers, before u install the latest version.

To uninstall the old driver what do I do? Do i do it through Control Panel > Add Remove Programs? Could someone give me a basic walk through on this to please. Incase i unstall the wrong thing :xmouth: . Im really quite bad at these things :blush:

Thanks for the help

Speedy Gonzales
23-01-2007, 11:45 AM
To uninstall the old driver what do I do? Do i do it through Control Panel > Add Remove Programs? Could someone give me a basic walk through on this to please. Incase i unstall the wrong thing :xmouth: . Im really quite bad at these things :blush:

Thanks for the help

Thats it control panel / add/remove programs, the Nvidia drivers option. Highlight it, and click on remove.

Then download the latest version of the drivers, and install them.

Trev
23-01-2007, 01:09 PM
You well be asked to reboot your computer after removal, do so, when computer reboots graphics well look funny as computer is useing default drivers. Install new drivers that you previously downloaded reboot computer when asked then adjust your settings, like refresh rate, 32 bit colour etc.

Trevor :)

dchip
23-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Step 1: download driver.

Go to www.nvidia.com, Select download drivers on the top drop down menu, Select graphics drivers, Select the type (in your case GeForce and TNT2), Select you OS and then it takes you to a page with the correct drivers.

Step 2: Un-install current driver.

Thats it control panel / add/remove programs, the Nvidia drivers option. Highlight it, and click on remove.

Step 3: Reboot computer.

You well be asked to reboot your computer after removal, do so, when computer reboots graphics will look funny as computer is using default drivers.
Note: When computer reboots it will detect the card and try to install the driver for you, DON'T LET IT!! instead, click "Cancel" REASON: The driver package has it's own setup routine.

Step 4: Install new driver.

Install new drivers that you previously downloaded reboot computer when asked then adjust your settings, like refresh rate, 32 bit colour etc.

There ya go, clear as mud :)

Dist
23-01-2007, 03:02 PM
When i go Add/Remove Programs then click Change/Remove on the Nvidia Drivers it comes up with "Select one of the following options to remove NVIDIA components from your system" the options are:
1/ Remove all NVIDIA drivers, including Display.
2/ Remove all NVIDIA drivers except Display.
3/ Remove only the following...then you can pick from a list saying : NVIDIA Display Driver, NVIDIA IDE Driver, NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management Driver.

What option do i pick here to unistall the graphics driver then install my new one?

CYaBro
23-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Choose the 3rd option: Remove only the following...

Then select NVIDIA Display Driver and nothing else.

Dist
23-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow ive got it all done. Thank you all for your help! I love this Help Forum its got quick replys and awesome advice. Thank you all agian!

Jams
23-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow ive got it all done. Thank you all for your help! I love this Help Forum its got quick replys and awesome advice. Thank you all agian!

I'm the brains behind it all.