PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner Problems!!

mustang14a
18-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Hello. I have a Dell Dimension 9150 with a preinstalled Hauppauge WinPVR TV tuner. A couple of weeks ago i did a reformat of the harddrive. Since it has been reformatted the computer does not recognize the tuner. I have tried to download drivers but nothing is working! Please help!!

Speedy Gonzales
18-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Did u go to the Hauppage site and download the right drivers for the model of the tuner you have??

Whats the model of the tuner?

If u tried to install the drivers, what happened / did any messages errors appear / pop up? Did the drivers come with the tuner on CD?

mustang14a
18-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I went to the hauppauge site and download drivers for WinPVR 250 and sat them on the desktop. I cannot install the drivers as they refer to when windows asks for a driver cd / browse. The was not a CD that came with the computer. I have also tried a generic driver but it still does not work.

roddy_boy
18-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Choose browse, then navigate to the location of the drivers.

mustang14a
18-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes but this message does not come up. I had trojan spm/lx virus before i reformatted if that helps?

mustang14a
18-01-2007, 07:57 PM
The computer acts like the card is not even plugged in. It is not in add/remove hardware. I have checked the connection and it is fine.

Speedy Gonzales
18-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Are there any ?'s in device manager?? If there is whats it say??

After u reformatted, did u install the motherboard drivers first, as these are important, and should be installed before anything else (after u install Windows).

Did u do a clean install not reinstall Windows over Windows?

Or did u restore Windows back to its original state if there's a hidden partition on the hdd?

SurferJoe46
19-01-2007, 05:44 AM
I have worn the letters off my "h" "a" "u" "p" "g" and "e" keys trying to get this fixed...so I know from whence you are coming.

Start here:

This program removes all WinTV programs, driver files and registry entries. (http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/utils/hcwclear.exe)This is a handy program to use before reinstalling WinTV, or before installing a new model of WinTV.

To run this program, download into your C:\ directory.

To run this file click on >>Start>> Run. Then type in C:\HCWCLEAR.

Run CCleaner now to get it all out for a clean removal.

You've gotta get rid of everything first! Any hanger-s on will mess it up totally.

Then if you can physically remove the tuner from the mobo, do so, get the new drivers soft booting after each one ( <Windows Key> then <U> then <R> ) in sequence and then shut it all down and reinstall the card if you can and reboot.

Let the wizard find..actually TELL IT WHERE TO GET THE DRIVERS and don't let it go online even once to get them.

Hopefully you'll get it first time thru...if not, ya gotta start all over with the HWCLEAR.

If you cannot get to the Suites or you get 1/2 display of black snow, then start all over again. Sorry...it's just very unstable with one of the M$ updates or hotfixes.

You may find the Hauppauge site is very busy, broken or times out. Very frustrating...and there are lots of complaints from other sites about it too.

mustang14a
19-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks alot mate!

SurferJoe46
19-01-2007, 10:48 AM
YW...hope you get it a lot easier than I did.