PDA

View Full Version : Unable to send email attachments

John Stuart
16-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a HP pavilion desktop with XP and I use Mcafee Scan and Firewall. For emails I use Eudora.
I have been unable to send attachments for some time and a local expert cured the problem by changing the size of the MTU in the registry. Unfortunately the fix did not last as it disappeared when the computer was rebooted so the original fault is still there. I use the same programs with a laptop and have no problems.

pctek
17-01-2007, 10:12 AM
A alteration to the registry shouldn't be lost just because a PC was restarted.

Eudora Attachments:
If even small attachments won't go, in Eudora go to Tools: Options: Advanced Network. Increase the "Network Time Out" and "Network Time After" settings. Also, step down the buffer size from 4096 to 1024.

f necessary, tell Eudora how to encode the attachment, using the message toolbar's Attachment popup.

Eudora uses the MIME standard to encode attachments

John Stuart
17-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you. I have tried all the things suggested but without success. I increase Network Time Out and Time After to 600, changed the buffersideto 1024 and checked the encoding. In my original post I did not mention that there are additional problems which were cured with the alteration in the size of the registry MTU. My 2 computers are networked and I cannot access the C drive in the faulty one. The latter also has a very low broadband speed and no upload speed at all.

drcspy
18-01-2007, 03:14 AM
try turning off the antivirus briefly when you send an attachement......if it sends then you have found the culprit...probably settings in it....