PDA

View Full Version : Missing W2K OS file??

Henry Crun
14-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi

I've just updated from Spyware Doctor 3.8 to 4.0. Coincidence or not, when I reboot Win2K , get a "c:\WINNT\IS-BFH1R.EXE missing" message. I click OK and everything boots up as normal. Should I panic? How do I fix this?

Thanks for any advice!

Speedy Gonzales
14-01-2007, 12:17 PM
AFAIK, thats not a Windows file.

Have you picked up any viruses/malware lately?

I would get ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com) install it run it then click on the tools/startup tab. See if that entry shows in here. If it does, highlight it and delete it.

Henry Crun
14-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply! No, no viruses etc - I'm very careful with my PC security. Only happened after I renewed my Spyware Doctor sub and upgraded to v4.0. Maybe something had crept in that needed v4.0 to spot??? I've run scans and my computer is reported clean. I've searched for the file and it's not on my system, just something wants it on boot-up. I dunno...

Speedy Gonzales
14-01-2007, 12:39 PM
You may have to show all files to see it or bring it up in a search.

As it maybe a system/hidden file.

Or just get ccleaner in my previous post. See if its in the startup tab , delete it if the entry is there.

Or post a hijackthis log. We'll soon find out if u have anything else nasty.

From here (http://www.merijn.org/programs.php#hijackthis)

Henry Crun
14-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi, fixed thanks very much. Downloaded OS updates from MS site and I think the malicious software tool got it. Also downloaded CCLEANER and ran that over the computer for good measure!

Thank you again - much appreciated!

Speedy Gonzales
14-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Cool, good to hear its fixed now :)