PDA

View Full Version : Blogger help - Add music to background

Morgenmuffel
11-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi all

I have a friend who wishes to add background music to her blog,

I have a vague idea of how to do it, but I don't want to host the music file as i have a feeling it will chew up a tonne of bandwidth

Anyhelp would be appreciated

winmacguy
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
what Blog recording software have you got. If you can import the file at say 32kbps or less you shouldn't require too much bandwidth in relation to the sound quality.

Dannz
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
They want to embed it into the blog itself? so it plays no matter what?
you can edit the template of the blog, and you should be able to embed it there.
As for hosting if you make it a low bit rate it shouldnt take much, but i dont know where you are going to put it.

winmacguy
11-01-2007, 10:16 PM
It is free to put it on iTunes, you could probably do a blog hosting search on Google and find about 1000 suitable FREE sites.

Morgenmuffel
11-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks all

I found a site http://www.music-codes.com that does what I think they want, although i am not 100% sure about the video side

Cheers

hmmm, I just noticed it uses the window media plugin,

wonder if it works in mac and linux

Greg
12-01-2007, 01:31 AM

wonder if it works in macWonder who cares

winmacguy
12-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Thanks all

I found a site http://www.music-codes.com that does what I think they want, although i am not 100% sure about the video side

Cheers

wonder if it works in mac and linux

Windows Media won't, Only Quicktime which is crossplatform anyway. There is a Windows Media plug in for Mac but it is pretty crappy and I wouldn't advise using it. You could Google it. The earlier versions of QT allowed you to save media in the format, then Apple changed that and started charging for the privilege.

TGoddard
12-01-2007, 09:12 AM
You can play music using the bgsound html tag. It is, however, an extremely bad idea to do so. My first reaction when one of my 50 tabs starts playing music is to track it down and kill it. If you have music embedded in any way in a site, it should not start until the user knowingly presses a button.

Renmoo
12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
You don't necessary need to use <embed> tag to play background music. For example, you can use <bgsound> tag:

<bgsound src="folder/songtrack.format">

Cheers :)