PDA

View Full Version : Xnet speeds

Nomad
08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi, I got BB like a few weeks ago ..
Are these what is expected?
I am on the River Plan (FS/128k 6GB of data). About $40.

Browser downloads at 60kb/sec
Download accelerator at 260kb/sec (same site as above).
Line tested out with link by Xnet at 1.97Mbit (Telecom is working on it I was advised).

Torrent or P2P for the odd tv show I missed, the best was avg of 10kb/sec. Most times I get 5kb/sec and then it may climb up to like 10. One time I got up to 60kb/sec and then a few hours later I resumed, it dropped to 10kb/sec. Ports are forwarded and stuff on the router after consulting a guide.

I have reading and pple in NZ appears to obtain 30kb or even 100kbs.

CYaBro
08-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I was downloading something this morning with uTorrent and it was coming down at about 120KB/s.
I am on the same plan with Xnet but a speed test for my line gives about 4.5Mbit.
Most of the time torrents will download at about 30-40KB/s.
What program are you using for your torrents?

Nomad
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I am using Bit Comet, have just switched to uTorret because some searchers (trackers) does not support Bit Comet.

I have used a v good searcher and hit speeds up to 200KB/s.
I have sort of used searchers from sites off this guy's link and they've been v slow. Such as isohunt and torrentreactor.

I used Aradi and been v fast, I tried Supertorrent but cannot registered due to a bug. Have you had good speeds without these "super" sites? Mines sorta been avg around 5-10KB/s.

Just not sure on the international series tv shows. May just join one of the forums around ....

Lizard
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
On the same plan with Xnet, I was regularly hitting ~ 190KBps on a public tracker just yesterday, and averaging about 120KBps.

NZADSL reported my line speed at about 4.5Mbit.

Torrent speeds seem to depend on a number of factors - line speed is only one of them. With public trackers, don't expect much, and be pleasantly surprised (as I was), when they return respectable speeds...

CYaBro
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I only use public trackers. Don't know any private ones or need an invite to one :annoyed:

hcl
08-01-2007, 05:22 PM
The problem with private trackers is that unless you are downloading really new stuff, there isn't enough demand to be able to upload enough to download something else.

roddy_boy
08-01-2007, 08:11 PM
You really shouldn't be talking about private trackers etc on this site. If we were allowed to talk about stuff like that, I would mention one called dididave, but i better not post the link. It's a .com site though, if that's any help.