PDA

View Full Version : firefox just lost all of my bookmarks!!!

kingping
07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
i have about 100 marked pages and this evening i came back on to my comp nothing was there! some are just for fun and browsing but most of them are really important work related stuff. anyone know how to get these back?

thanx alot in advance!

Hhel
07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
kingpin,
That is certainly sad and I sympathise. I guess you are probably using Firefox with Windows. Something for the future : I can't solve your present problem.

I too use Firefox but with Linux (actually using three versions of Xandros all on the same hard drive). In the last partition of that drive, I have a folder entitled "Bookmarks" and in that, I keep the most recent set of bookmarks. If all turns to custard, it is a simple task to copy the bookmarks over to Firefox.

In that same partition, I keep my address books and Local mail folders for Thunderbird, photographs, Open Office documents and spreadsheets, registration code for Mailwasher, My favourite wallpapers for the desktop, AVG, and the most recent copy of the Linux Loader that I use with Xandros.

Thunderbird reads from and writes to that partition from each of the three versions.

I know that all of this is of little help to you in your current situation but maybe, thoughts for the future

Hope you get it sorted.

Jim

qazwsxokmijn
07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ru2jd22h.default\boo kmarkbackups

Greg
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
This topic's been brought up a couple of times. Do a search of Press F1 for firefox bookmarks

kingping
07-01-2007, 07:49 PM
sorry, i guess i kinda got worried as those were really important bookmarks, will search first in the future

cheers

Jen
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Did you find your bookmarkbackup folder OK from the location that qazwsxokmijn gave?

kingping
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
yea i did thanx alot guys, now ill just have to add them back into ff

cheers

bob_doe_nz
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Straight from the horses mouth...

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

davehartley
07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
FWIW, I have the Foxmarks add-on to synchronise my bookmarks between my laptop and my desktop, but it also provides an offline-backup of them in the instance I do lose them.

Also, by surfing to my.foxmarks.com, I can access my home bookmarks from anywhere in the world. Neat! :)

splodg
15-01-2007, 08:58 PM
i have about 100 marked pages and this evening i came back on to my comp nothing was there! some are just for fun and browsing but most of them are really important work related stuff. anyone know how to get these back?

thanx alot in advance!

Just seen your post. You may like to download this free Firefox and Thunderbird backup prog for future mishaps. http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Splodg