PDA

View Full Version : Question about file-sharing between pc's

allblack
07-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Evening all.

I'm wanting to check out the file tsf wizard in XP and copy my pics/music from my tower to my lappie, as opposed to copying all to dvd etc first.

How, my lappie is the sweet little virgin that left the locked bedroom and went straight to the Convent, not even passing Go.

And the tower has been an adventurous tyke, into everything and anything over the last few years.....

So....should I be worried about the tower de-flowering my virginal lappie? If I connect the two, and transfer pics and music using the said wizard, is there a chance that any bugs the tower caught in Amsterdam could be transferred to my lappie?

I'm assuming (!) that unless there's something nasty in the pics/music files, then the answer is no, however I wouldn't know what's festering where in the tower....so am I safer not chancing anything and not connect the two?

Cheers
T

plod
07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Evening all.

I'm wanting to check out the file tsf wizard in XP and copy my pics/music from my tower to my lappie, as opposed to copying all to dvd etc first.

How, my lappie is the sweet little virgin that left the locked bedroom and went straight to the Convent, not even passing Go.

And the tower has been an adventurous tyke, into everything and anything over the last few years.....

So....should I be worried about the tower de-flowering my virginal lappie? If I connect the two, and transfer pics and music using the said wizard, is there a chance that any bugs the tower caught in Amsterdam could be transferred to my lappie?

I'm assuming (!) that unless there's something nasty in the pics/music files, then the answer is no, however I wouldn't know what's festering where in the tower....so am I safer not chancing anything and not connect the two?

Cheers
TI would wait until the drugs wore off that you took in Amsterdam, then reask the question

winmacguy
07-01-2007, 08:26 PM

Cheers
T

The actual file transfer process should be pretty straightforward as far as bugs from a "been round the block a few times Windows PC goes" I would agree with Plod.

beetle
07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
So................. you want the easiest way to transfer music and pic files from your tower to lappie? not via dvd if posible? via file sharing, cabling?

if they were both towers i would say slap the HD in the 2nd machine and slave it and copy it, but i dont no how you can do that this way.
have you got cabling for this job yet?

maybe you need to further explain with a bit less elaboration on the newness of the product:p

beetle

roddy_boy
07-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes, if there's anything nasty on the tower, chances are your lappy will catch it. Viruses spread through home networks like... viruses I guess.

allblack
08-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Yes, if there's anything nasty on the tower, chances are your lappy will catch it. Viruses spread through home networks like... viruses I guess.

Yeah.....that's what's worrying me...

Not sure if I want to connect the two....might copy to DVD and transfer that way.

Cheers

winmacguy
08-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Yeah.....that's what's worrying me...

Not sure if I want to connect the two....might copy to DVD and transfer that way.

Cheers

USB to portable external hard drive would be easier (if you have a portable hard drive)