PDA

View Full Version : MS Office Applications suddenly taking a Long time to start Loading.

symiggy
07-01-2007, 04:10 PM
All of my MS Office Applications are suddenly taking a very long time to load.
This happened right after I uninstalled Adobe Reader.
In the recent past whenever I clicked a 'Word' icon (or any other MS Office Application ) the document loaded within a second or two since I have a reasonably new and fast computer.
Immediately after the un-installation, there is now a five to ten second delay before 'Word' opens and then another five second delay before the document actually appears in Word.
I have tried a system restore as well as a Repair Install of Office all to no avail.
Is there perhaps some 'Pre-fetch' setting that I may have inadvertently turned off?
I would greatly appreciate some help to fix this annoyance.:badpc:
Thank you.

Dreamboat
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Try getting rid of the Adobe Addins. In Word, it's Tools-->templates and addins, and uncheck it.

(If you experience the delay ONLY when Word hasn't first been opened, then this could be the cause of it.)

symiggy
08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Try getting rid of the Adobe Addins. In Word, it's Tools-->templates and addins, and uncheck it.

(If you experience the delay ONLY when Word hasn't first been opened, then this could be the cause of it.)

Dreamboat:

There are no addins listed in the dialogue box to uncheck.