PDA

View Full Version : That thing called....sleep

beetle
05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Are there actually people out there who sleep? :p

sleep seems to be a non negotiable item here currently........:stare:

is it a just not sleeping thing with you people currently online?
are you working?
or ya just plain old surfing and playing comp stuff?

or ya dont know that the dark means maybe ya should sleep? and the daylight ya should be awake? tried telling my children that...seems they getting my bad sleeping habits this week.............

i did notice that some of the regular nite owls arnt showing up tonight...... :rolleyes: so maybe no nite time excitment to happen on pf1 tonight eh? :p
so anyway best of luck with the shut eye.......
:rolleyes:
beetle

noone
05-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Sleep?...whats that?

I think alot of ppl will leave there computer on pressf1 and go to sleep, but then again alot of ppl dont sleep, or sleep when you should be awake, and are awake when you should be sleeping.

bob_doe_nz
05-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Well, I had coffee at 4PM and I've been up watching Star Trek DVD's. But I better enter the land of nod, since I want to do some fishing in the morning.:waughh:

SurferJoe46
05-01-2007, 06:03 AM
The -21 hour time differential between Upsidedown Land and where I am is helpful in making you think I never sleep..but I do.......ergo, "I surf; you sleep" or whatever it is I have on the side over there <- near my name.

Funny though...I thought as I'd get older that I would need less sleep like my dad and grandfather...but I still rise at 5:30AM and get to bed around 11:00PM unless I am trying to stay awake for your F1 chat...(remember the -21 hour difference!).

Your Friday evening is my Thursday late-night.

6 1/2 hours or so has been the norm for me for a long time...having been from a military family....my dad was a submarine commander and we all adhered to his schedule if we wanted to see him every few weeks or months or so.

I then joined the Navy and although they slammed the door on submarine school for me b/c of my sinuses, I got to ride on some pretty impressive wake-makers...all the time the same reville and lights-out routine too.

Ingrained, Pavlovian responses I guess..but I still run the same schedule.

pcuser42
05-01-2007, 08:34 AM
13 year olds need their sleep - I do, that's why I'm never online at midnight! (It helps that I'm also not allowed on the computer after dinner, and I'm only allowed 2 hours)

Dannz
05-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I was up at 1am... but was too lazy to go on pressf1, just sat around eating noodles :p

personthingy
05-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Sleep....
Plenty of time for that when yer dead, although, i must confess, a little sleep here, a little there never hurt anyone!

Greven
05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I woke up at 4am & couldn't get back to sleep until I usually get up - I was about to give up, open my eyes & go have a shower, then next thing I know it is almost 10:00