PDA

View Full Version : New Fridge syndrome..

beetle
04-01-2007, 06:30 PM
I finally saved enuf and got me a new fridge...........it got delivered today........ fully packaged and left sitting in the kitchen...........a nitemare to remove said packaging, but i asked for it to be left as is........

easy enuf to remove top packaging........ the peice it was sitting on was another story....... kids had a blast with the polysterene....? sp? and my kitchen and dining room has white bits everywhere............

got all stickys, plastics and carboards off, got feet, wheels to finally not wobble.... and turned on and shock horror it goes........... ( my electric personality didnt kill it) :D

But once its full, not wobbly on the floor...........i find it very difficult to open. the door that is.... the suction it must have is amazing.........takes both hands to open, and when you turn to pick up stuff to put in the door glides smoothly shut.... and the drama happens again.
will this difficulty opening the door lesson as time and use of appliance happens?

other than that it looks so empty ........... and ive been shopping....

beetle

Jen
04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Cold air contracts. Some fridges seem to super-glue themselves shut if you try and open them straight away again. If you wait a minute or two they should be easier to open.

the godfather
04-01-2007, 06:43 PM
But remember to let the kids out of the fridge first.

beetle
04-01-2007, 06:45 PM
This is also anytime you open or try to open i should say the door...........
opening once or twice makes no difference........ each time is as bad.

but its so nice to have a good sized fridge ........just a pity its not come with a full load of food with it.... :xmouth:

yeah well this fridge is big enuf to fit both of them in it at once.......
Im sure he would be in his element......just to eat and eat, she would grizzle a bit.......but id say the noise wouldnt be heard.... the soundproofing seems pretty good.:p

beetle

Sweep
04-01-2007, 06:50 PM
YAFT

Yet another fridge thread we can have a play with. :thumbs:

You are not yet used to a fridge with decent seals. (arf arf)

SurferJoe46
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Please resist the urge to poke a hole in the door to relieve the vacuum created when the door gets shut..and it won't help the cookie-crumblers to get air to breath if they get locked in.

BTW: does this fridge meet what should be safety standards for incidental children locked inside...by accident, of course!

If you as an adult cannot open the door what chance does a toddle have if they get caught inside?

I smell a suffocation if that happens! I'd check right away. :eek:

tutaenui
04-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I had the same problem with an upright freezer, dam near pulled it over on top of me the first few times trying open it. Good news is it gets better fairly quickly with time. Interim solution is to grab the door by the top edge and work your fingers into the rubber seal and tug sharply.

R2x1
04-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Good news beetle, a little quiet space for the kids to chill out in. Maybe to ease the seals you could use Acme Wonder Door release, be in the first 10 callers . . .
If you don't like that stuff, whizz round the fridge contact area of the seal with white crayon. (Or plain candle wax.) Red crayon looks weird. :eek: Blue looks cool. White won't mark the fridge. And, if you give the fridge a good go with car polish while it's new, it is heaps easier to clean when the kids try their crayon skills in future.:waughh:

pine-o-cleen
04-01-2007, 09:29 PM
...and Pressf1 hits a new low...

rob_on_guitar
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Would there be enough room for a box of beer? then your kids could just pass one out when you need :nerd:

Sweep
04-01-2007, 10:11 PM
...and Pressf1 hits a new low...

Don't think so. Just my opinion.

We are only in chat forum here I think.

There again your opinion may differ.

beetle
04-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Funny you say that...................theres beer in the fridge............and i dont drink beer........ :D so next caller who drinks beer may get some free beer.........

:illogical

beetle

R2x1
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
But all fridges need beer to give them that cheerful feeling of accomplishment. We don't want your fridge thinking it is only a spare room for kids and a nippy food cupboard. Surely beer and ice cream are the only valid reasons for having a fridge?

Renmoo
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey beetle. Be careful not to put too much of sauce or fizzy drink bottles on the fridge's side-door as it might crack the plastic case that keeps them from falling down. The fridge in my kitchen now has a few cracks here and there on the bottom panel of the side-door as a result of previously being loaded with too much of heavy bottles.

Cheers :)

SurferJoe46
05-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Hey beetle. Be careful not to put too much of sauce or fizzy drink bottles on the fridge's side-door as it might crack the plastic case that keeps them from falling down. The fridge in my kitchen now has a few cracks here and there on the bottom panel of the side-door as a result of previously being loaded with too much of heavy bottles.

Cheers :)

HEY Everybody...party at James house! Let's help him keep his refer door in good condition!

SurferJoe46
05-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Don't think so. Just my opinion.

We are only in chat forum here I think.

There again your opinion may differ.

Hey...not fair!

There just MIGHT be a solid state chip in it somewhere and that's what this is all about!

Now....let's talk about growing a lush, green lawn........:confused:

Strommer
05-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Beetle, try folding a piece of paper and tape this to part of the door seal. It should break the seal enough so the vacuum is released. Try different variations if the first try does not work. Remove later when the seal loosens as tutaenui points out.

dolby digital
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
So Beets, does it have a icemaker (those external ones which are rather expensive).

When we bought a new fridge a year or so ago, we got it home, started to transfer the contents and it suddenly dawned on us, that it ain't big enough (we thought it would be going by the litres), luckily the shop took it back as we purchased a bigger one from them.

beetle
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Nah no icemaker..............it was beyond my budget........ but spent heaps for it anyway, goes well, im pleased with it, 430 litres it says on the information packaging, about triple the size of the other fridge i had borrowed....:D and it looks so empty.:p
but i did get 15% off........:D

if we stopped eating for a day or so it may look better.:D and nice and full.

its almost as dare as buying a computer, anything up to $2ooo + for a fridge....... thank goodness this will survive a long time if i be good to it.....hahaha

beetle

dolby digital
05-01-2007, 11:47 AM
We have some friends who we reckon spent $3000+ on a fridge with the ice maker (as was it a water cooler)... anyway lots of dosh.

So do you "admire" your knew fridge every time you go into the kitchen :D

Mets might want to come around and trial the beer from the knew fridge :p

Jams
05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
GAWD DAMMIT. You love your fullstops don't you..............

beetle
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
well yeah................ the way i see it. it shows how important i see things.the more important the more important:p

and why be normal...........life is for living, not waiting around for something to happen............:D

beetle

beetle
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
sigh............i think lack of sleep is catching me.

the more important the news, or aspect the more dots......:p the more i feel the need to get the ooomph or beetleness of it across to you i guess.:p

must be coffee time......

beetle:illogical

Richard
06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Them's ain't fullstops, they're beetle tracks.

stu161204
06-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Them's ain't fullstops, they're beetle tracks.

heh :D

Graham L
08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
You need only three .s for an ellipsis. Even for aposiopesis, which is probably what you use most often, three suffice. Any more is just being greedy. :thumbs:

SurferJoe46
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
You need only three .s for an ellipsis. Even for aposiopesis, which is probably what you use most often, three suffice. Any more is just being greedy. :thumbs:

How......... can............ one........... be ...........greedy........... if............. they're............. free?

I seem to have an inexhaustable amount of them in my keyboard................. .........................and when it's out of " ... 's"............................ I'll get a refill .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............nyuck, nyuck!