PDA

View Full Version : Password bother

Sand
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I have just added a new email account to Thunderbird and every time I go to check it it asks me for a password. It doesn't accept any that I enter just keeps asking and its only for that new account. :annoyed:

Sand

panther2
03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
check here
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Password_not_remembered_(Thunderbird)

Sand
03-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I viewed that but I can't remove saved passwords as there wasn't one saved for it.

Jen
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Are you very sure you are entering in the correct password?

Sand
03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I set up a new email account on my server for my son. ISP sent me a password for it and we can access his emails by going into paradise.net. I set up the new account in Thunderbird and got asked for a password to access my sons account. My account and my husbands one is fine, mail comes thru thunderbird just fine. When I enter the password the ISP sent me it doesnt accept it. I tried my password, my old password, and there isn't one stored for my sons account and mail is not coming into thunderbird for him. It's gotta be something in his settings but I can't figure it. I do know lately we had a problem with outgoing mail on Paradise, I was asked for a password for that and it wouldn't accept my password or send emails but I tweaked something in my settings and I can't remember what it was. So there you have it guys, the story in full. Thanks for the suggestions so far, it's nice to know I'm not on my own here.