PDA

View Full Version : "M" Drive Is A Folder?

SurferJoe46
03-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I have a Firefly usb pen-drive type thing plugged into my tower right at this time, and somehow, when I click on it thru My Computer, it has become a folder called "Administrator's Documents"...

The association with the Firefly has been corrupted and now my M drive is just a folder.

The desktop icon works well..and actually opens the Firefly ok...but if I "Explore" the M drive, it opens up that Admin folder instead.

I cannot get to M properties from the desktop icon, nor can I get to it from My Computer..as it cannot even see the M drive in My Computer at all.

Actually, both the L & M drives are missing in My Computer. I didn't even know I had an L drive.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated...thanks

johcar
03-01-2007, 12:40 PM
What happens if you go to "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\" and right click > Properties on the folder called "Administrator's Documents"??

SurferJoe46
03-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I get what appears to be a normal Properties card...with 77 files, 51 folders and Read Only checked.....6.23 meg uon disk and no mention of the M drive even drilling down further into the drive.

johcar
03-01-2007, 03:00 PM
When the thumb-drive is plugged in, can you see it via Device Manager, or the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the SYSTRAY?

SurferJoe46
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
It's there and recognized ok...in the tray and the device manager.....

johcar
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Try the Troubleshooter from Properties button in "Safely Remove Hardware"

Greven
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Try going into disk management under "Manage" from the right-click menu on My Computer & changing the drive letter assigned to your flash drive

SurferJoe46
03-01-2007, 08:31 PM
There IS NO letter assigned to it!

It doesn't exist in that profile at all...I can see it in the SYSTRAY in the SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE area, and in the Hardware Manager etc, but not anywhere in My Computer with left or right clicks.

I still have the icon on the desktop, and can drag files to and from it...but it never appears in the drive areas like it used to.

When I unplug or plug it in, I get the sound notice that I have done so; the BIOS is recognizing it allright.....