PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Adjusting

heaton
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Can anyone help me with a programme to adjust my monitor.
I have a Packard Bell LCD monitor and there are three buttons on the front for making adjustments but I don't want to mess about with them in case I make things worse. What I want is some sort of programme with sample colours as a standard for me to adjust to.

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
The buttons on the front are most probably better than a program.

Thats what they're for. Not just to look at.

beeswax34
02-01-2007, 08:40 PM

Quite, well said speedy.:lol: :lol: :lol:

zqwerty
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Try this,

CalibrationAider helps users realize the full potential of their computer display device. Use CalibrationAider to create a consistant, reproduceable viewing environment with an optimal viewing angle, screen resolution, and maximized range of colors. Ideal for digital photographers who need to set up a color-managed workflow, or home users who want to display digital photos to best effect. Displays built-in test patterns and allows the users to import their own images. Includes a complete user guide and tutorial. The tutorial also introduces concepts important to digital image processing and color management in general:

http://www.imagingassociates.com.au/color/calibrationaider.jspx?link=software

heaton
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM

With all respects the buttons do not give you anything to compare with and in the absence of any help to click onto they are not much use to me.

heaton
02-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Try this,

CalibrationAider helps users realize the full potential of their computer display device. Use CalibrationAider to create a consistant, reproduceable viewing environment with an optimal viewing angle, screen resolution, and maximized range of colors. Ideal for digital photographers who need to set up a color-managed workflow, or home users who want to display digital photos to best effect. Displays built-in test patterns and allows the users to import their own images. Includes a complete user guide and tutorial. The tutorial also introduces concepts important to digital image processing and color management in general:

http://www.imagingassociates.com.au/color/calibrationaider.jspx?link=software

Thank you zquerty this is just what I am looking for.
Being an ex professional photographer I am particularly fussy about how my images are printed in comparison with what I see on the monitor. Thanks again.