PDA

View Full Version : Contacts, Calendar, Tasks file location?

nwdempster
01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
When one uses ActiveSync to synchronise a hand-held device and the Desk Top where are Contacts, Calendar, Tasks files located on the DTop and how do you go about viewing?
Any help would be appreciated.

Speedy Gonzales
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I take it u have Outlook ??

And some version of MS Office installed?

nwdempster
02-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I take it u have Outlook ??

And some version of MS Office installed?

Thanks Speedy and yes to both.
MS Outlook 2002, Outlook Express (my default), MS Office 10 Prof, The OS is XP Home.
I have seen Contact, Notes, Tasks etc on my LT in the past but can't remember where. I've tried searches to no avail and I know they are there somewhere on the LT because they synched OK to a new iPAQ I bought myself for Christmas.

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2007, 07:40 PM
View Menu / Navigation panel. If thats what u mean. Looks like that brings up the calendar, contacts, contacts and tasks.

Well, it does in Office 2003.

nwdempster
03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks again Speedy. Outlook Express is my email default and Contacts, Calendar and Notes folders are all empty. However, these folders in Outlook 2002 have what I'm looking for. Now I'm wondering how I can make them Sync to Outlook Express, but at least I now find them. Thanks again mate.

Speedy Gonzales
03-01-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't think so, since OE doesn't have a calendar, appointments or tasks by default. (If this is what you mean)?

Just contacts. Thats about the only diff between OE and Outlook, most programs use Outlook for syncing.

I use Outlook here to sync to the Ipod (thru Itunes).

SurferJoe46
03-01-2007, 08:39 PM
When one uses ActiveSync to synchronise a hand-held device and the Desk Top where are Contacts, Calendar, Tasks files located on the DTop and how do you go about viewing?
Any help would be appreciated.

Are we talking about a Palm system or Clie's-type handheld?

If so, then your Sony Download Taxi will allow you to open the synch-able files in either the DT or the Palm.

If you want to, you can open your Sony folder wherever you have it installed (typically in your root drive>>Programs>>Sony and open the tree to see if you can find: Add-On folder there.

Just a a BTW: you cannot synch many if any programs...just files and data...but I understand there ARE programs to copy and synch these too (somewhere)........you might be able to get an archive copy of your installed data bases and opsys in the handheld that way.....but don't bet on it.

Does anyone know of a hack to accomplish this?