PDA

View Full Version : Sell or Not

beeswax34
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I recently put my HP IPAQ phone on sale on Trade and Exchange and have been getting more than a few international offers. One very keen buyer wants to pay me through Worldpay, (www.worldpay.com) a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland. I did advertise the price as $400 and this person is willing to pay $500.

What should I do??? To sell or not to sell???

pctek
01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Why does he? Is he local? Sell local, get the money in your account before sending anything.Scams aren't hard to spot.

sam m
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Dont sell - I dont know why but it don't smell right. Might be the haggis.

Billy T
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
One very keen buyer wants to pay me through Worldpay, (www.worldpay.com) a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland. I did advertise the price as $400 and this person is willing to pay $500.

Do it and you'll lose it, it's a scam and the extra $100 is the hook to draw you in. Start and you will soon run onti a series of unforseen complications, one of which will see you sending the phone and sending an amount of money yourself for some plausible reason, with an offer of even more money for your trouble.

Ask yourself why? (to any question you might think to ask).

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Scouse
01-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi Beeswax. Must agree with the other members here... why would anyone offer 25% more than the asking price and then have to pay shipping across the world. I have a number of nephews and neices in Britain and from them undertand that second-hand computers in a population of more than 60 million are dirt cheap. Forget it.

qazwsxokmijn
01-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Nah, I don't recommend you selling like that to international locations. Just not worth it.

rogerp
01-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I recently put my HP IPAQ phone on sale on Trade and Exchange and have been getting more than a few international offers. One very keen buyer wants to pay me through Worldpay, (www.worldpay.com) a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland. I did advertise the price as $400 and this person is willing to pay $500.

What should I do??? To sell or not to sell???

I smell scam.

winmacguy
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Nah, I don't recommend you selling like that to international locations. Just not worth it.

Agreed. Better safe than sorry.

rob_on_guitar
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
ditto

trinsic
01-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Report it to T&E. They have forums and a page for scams.

beeswax34
02-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks guys. This is exactly what I told her "No thank you. I would prefer that the payment actually be made through a NZ bank and the buyer be present in NZ. But thank you very much for your interest."

But she's just so persistent but hopefully Gmail's spam/junk filters will take care of the rest. Thanks a lot for your help again.