PDA

View Full Version : thunderbird...

tingle
01-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Now that there seems to be a few more brilliant people about, i thouhgt i'd try this question again -

when i try to forward an email with pictures inside, the forwarded message does not hold the pics.
i can attach a pic and send it ok.
i have looked in all the options inside thunderbird, but cannot find how to change these settings.
i use the latest thunderbird on win xp pro.

i have googled :waughh: my heart out, but no luck yet.
anyone have any ideas??
cheers
!

Pauline
01-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Just sent an email to myself that had pictures & when I opened it the pictures were at the bottom of the email just as it was from the original email.
So maybe it might be something to do with your ISP. I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.00 on Win ME.

Shortcircuit
01-01-2007, 05:25 PM
You could try this:

Go into Thunderbird> tools> options then click on 'composition' icon then 'general' tab then change 'forward messages' from 'as attachments' to 'in-line' then click ok.

See if that works... I can't find anything else in T/bird to do with forwarding messages :(

tingle
02-01-2007, 08:58 AM
thanks guys. i'll try that when i get home tonight.
some of us have to work....sigh....

tingle
02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
just got home and checked what you suggested Shortcircuit, but it was already set to that.
Pauline, yup i can send email with attachments, but i can't 'forward'them.
so i'm still in the same boat!

Shortcircuit
02-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I found this:

Thunderbird 1.5 has a bug that causes forwarded messages to lose inline images. A peek at the code reveals the setting moz-do-not-send="true" in the image tag The image is not displayed when the message is received. The problem does not affect new messages a person creates nor replies - just forwarded messages.

Try this:

Edit the message as new

* Highlight the message you want to forward that has an inline image
* From the Message menu, select Edit Message as New (Ctrl-E)
* Change to To: field to the person to whom you want to forward the message
* Personalize the message if you wish and then send it
* The inline images will be included

They also suggested that later versions of T/bird may not have this problem, so if you have an older version you could try updating

tingle
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
thanks for that Shortcircuit.
seems like a hell of a lot of hassle just to forward a message!
i do have the latest thunderbird installed, so i guess i'll have to persevere or mabey try another email client.
any suggestions??

linw
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Rather interesting - I forwarded a msge with attachment from a Thunderbird (latest version) account to my Outlook client and the msge was encapsulated as an attachment. I had to double click the encapsulated attachment before I could see the 'real' message complete with attachment.

This probably doesn't help you though - sorry!