PDA

View Full Version : Disassembling a sony vaio PCG-9P6L

PJ45133
29-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know how to disassemble a sony vaio PCG-9P6L or can you tell me how to reinstall my graphics card. The computer crashed recently so i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp home eddition but now my ethernet card and my graphics card cant be found. i went to the ati website to download a driver update but none of them would work. im not possitive but i think the card is a ATI RAGE Mobility (SONY). i dont have the money right now to take the thing anywhere to have it looked at so any help is much appreciated.

Nomad
29-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Is this a laptop?

I could be a lose ribbon cable/wire. Generally laptops are all in one motherboard units - all the stuff are together solderned iron together. They are not any separate cards. The ethernet card can be a small card that snaps in place a bit larger and squarer than a memory card (PC computer wise). Connected by ribbon cable on some.

Can it be the driver you have to install? Some hardware may not be detected by windows.

Nomad
29-12-2006, 10:06 PM
You best way maybe locate a service manual online at Sony if available and go via that way.

Get drivers from Sony site. Do you have the original windows Sony CD? Does it have a boot up press F8 to recover your hard drive option? Or the like ...