PDA

View Full Version : burning xvid and dvdrip files how?

tahstar
29-12-2006, 09:26 PM
ok Ive got all these movies downloaded with bitlord and I cant figure out how to burn them to a dvd-r. most of them are in xvid or dvdrip or divxr. are these compressed formats? do i need to convert them? if so, how? i can put them on the dvd as data and can then watch them on the pc but not on my dvd player

JUST INSANE
29-12-2006, 09:35 PM
you should not chat about this since you don't own originals. But just to be kind i'll give you a hint
if you want to change to dvd format then you need a software and You need a good pc and alot of patience since it takes hours.
You can play many compressed formats using storm codec a great tool

Chilling_Silence
29-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Actually, you dont need a lot of patience nor a good PC, and I hate to break it to you but some codec packs can be downright nasty ;)

Nero Vision 4 is nothing short of marvellous! I would highly recommend it, its dead simple to use and gives beautiful looking DVDs at great quality!

Or, if you just want "add the files and convert" then you cant go wrong with WinAVI Video Converter.

Only down side: Both are paid software.
On the up side, if you have roughly a 2Ghz then it'll easily encode in Realtime.

Anyways, check out Nero's Vision4, its got a free trial from the Nero Website as part of Nero 7!

JUST INSANE
30-12-2006, 11:30 AM
you have to read about good setttings for recoding. I tried nero vision 4 and it does not support many dvd's especialy on's that i fiddled with and they work fine on power dvd

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Nerovision is for burning / editing video before u burn to DVD.

Not for playing them. Which maybe why it didn't play a lot of DVD's.

Chilling_Silence
30-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Nero Showtime would have been what played it, its also included with Nero.

The reason it wouldnt have worked is because you hadnt modified it to NZ PAL, not NTSC which is the default ;) Dont worry, i had the same problem... just change it in the options and you'll be right as rain!

wawape**s
30-12-2006, 05:47 PM
i use VSO convertXtoVCD

takes bout 50min to convert a xvid